X3TC Reverse engineering

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

darkwoe1209
x3tc

X3TC Reverse engineering

Post by darkwoe1209 » Mon, 21. Jan 13, 22:58

Hey sorry if this is a stupid question, but I heard you can make ships with the PHQ if you get the blueprints from reverse engineering. Just how far does this go? Could I reverse engineer my one legit Vidar to make a dozen of those beauties? Or could I just the suffer the rep loss of one skirnir capture to make 3 more? I understand that building ships is costly but I love those things, and I don't want to lose terran rep.

While I'm at it, what else could you do? could your reverse engineer a Xenon Q?

zooze
xr

Post by zooze » Mon, 21. Jan 13, 23:05

In TC you can pretty much reverse engineer all ships except the experimental shuttle. And yes you can make multiple vidars :)

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Tue, 22. Jan 13, 00:11

And if you really like RE'ing and making your own ships,you can even do that with the Aran :D

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Tue, 22. Jan 13, 09:09

Do note that the ship is destroyed by the reverse engineering process, so you'll be missing your ship for however long it takes to reverse engineer plus however long it takes to build a new one (I think these are the same times). Also note that the ship you get from building a reverse engineered blueprint is a completely basic version with no cargo, weapons, shields, engine tunings etc., so don't leave anything aboard when REing the ship!

sadron
x3tc

Post by sadron » Tue, 22. Jan 13, 09:23

pjknibbs wrote:Do note that the ship is destroyed by the reverse engineering process, so you'll be missing your ship for however long it takes to reverse engineer plus however long it takes to build a new one (I think these are the same times). Also note that the ship you get from building a reverse engineered blueprint is a completely basic version with no cargo, weapons, shields, engine tunings etc., so don't leave anything aboard when REing the ship!
But that's what saving loadouts is for isn't it?

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Tue, 22. Jan 13, 09:42

Once you have the blueprints for a ship you can build as many as you like (and have the resources for).

iirc, there are a couple of other ships besides the X shuttle that aren't RE-able, and a few more that aren't obtainable in vanilla. There should be a list in the stickies someplace.

As pjknibbs says, it's important to note that REing destroys the ship, and newly-built ships have no installed upgrades (unless they come as standard, like CLS on most TPs) - so make sure you strip the ship first, and don't RE your overtuned Hyperion :).

The FAQ has some stuff on the HQ functions:
http://www.egosoft.com/support/faq/inde ... &version=9

zooze
xr

Post by zooze » Tue, 22. Jan 13, 12:26

Carlo the Curious wrote:iirc, there are a couple of other ships besides the X shuttle that aren't RE-able, and a few more that aren't obtainable in vanilla."
When I was typing my previous post I realised this also, but for the life of me I cant remember the names of the ships or find it in the sticky. Its been bugging me all morning, I remember in my game I found another ship I couldn't RE, but cant remember what it was, what I did with it etc. Old age must be creeping in.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Tue, 22. Jan 13, 17:29

I think the Enhanced Dolphin was one, back when it stayed invincible (which was fixed a while back).

zooze
xr

Post by zooze » Tue, 22. Jan 13, 17:44

Carlo the Curious wrote:I think the Enhanced Dolphin was one, back when it stayed invincible (which was fixed a while back).
Since patch 2.0 i think you can referse engineer that ship. I have it in one of my games.

Rhox
x4

Post by Rhox » Tue, 22. Jan 13, 20:10

As already stated, you can use your HQ to build as many ships as you want. You just need some resources and money.

Attention: the following is highly useful in my opinion, BUT can seriously spoil you gameplay once you get the PHQ!
Spoiler
Show
However, you will sooner or later see that this takes quite a long time when it comes to reverse engineering and building the bigger ships (that is M7, M7M, M1, M2 and also TL class ships). If you want to know about an exploit that will get you multiple HQs, PM me.
best regards,
Rhox
"Warnung: Frachtraum ist.....Frachtraum enthält nun: Khaak Zerstörer" -"Cool!"

http://www.seizewell.de - die ultimative deutsche Ressource zur X-Reihe
http://www.x-lexikon.xibo.at -ein deutsches Wiki zur X-Reihe

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”