Weapon and Turret issues

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

titannub
x3tc

Post by titannub » Thu, 24. Jan 13, 19:19

May be unrelated but im having a similar issue with my bigger ship classes not giving me control of the weapons. anything from MDS to basic lasers i simply wont fire and the left side where the weapons show there energy levels and such in say my disco don't show up as if the installed weapons aren't linking..... i noticed it first on my magnetar and then almost threw my laptop across the room when i shelled the 28mill for a mammoth and it pulled the same stunt. The weapons appear on the ship visually when i enter my "g" menu and install them but i cant fire and even with the combat commands mk1 and 2 installed on my magnetar i couldn't edit my turrets. granted im a noob and am prone to being..... slower lol. any thoughts on my issue?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 24. Jan 13, 19:47

Welcome. Which game and version? I an going to split your post and move it to the X-Universe (gameplay) forum.

It sounds from what you say that you are trying to mount weapons that may not be suitable for the ship, or that you have the weapons in a weapons group different to one selected (keys 1-4) for the main battery or individual turret respectively. Check the turrets for mounted weapons and their groups by getting into the ship and then pressing F1 to cycle through the turrets (which is the only way to fire turret weapons yourself instead of through a turret command). Check the Ship Info screen for what weapons the ship can use and where.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Thu, 24. Jan 13, 22:31

It sounds more to me like he's trying to fire his turreted weapons from the main cockpit view, which won't work. Of course, there may be some context in whatever thread this came from that makes you think otherwise, but that's my assessment based on what's here. :wink:

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 24. Jan 13, 22:33

I thought that at first but then he complained about a Discoverer too, which has no turrets. He also complains of turret weapons not firing under Fight Software turret commands.

DiveBomberDave
x3

Post by DiveBomberDave » Thu, 24. Jan 13, 22:50

I think he needs to bring up the command console and give orders to the turrets.

titannub
x3tc

Post by titannub » Fri, 25. Jan 13, 20:42

Tank you for the welcome Alan and again thanks for the move, i was just shot gunning the question not knowing if anyone could help me. pjknibbs i am, sadly my only comp is a laptop which doesnt have the extra numberpad for the controls that gives you to change views ect. ive tried changing my turret positions but nothing seemed to happen, granted im nooby and my laptop has those annoying double keys that like change brightness but also work as f keys i think with shift held down. i know the weapons are correct i did have the intelligence to double check that before crying on the forums lol and i wasnt having trouble with my disco it fired fine from the cockpit making me assume that the froward mounted view of the weapons on my tm and tl would kind of react the same but it makes sense that that wouldnt work now that i think of it with the multiple sides even rear facing weapons. i have brought up my command console on both my tm and tl with the same if not more extra command upgrades ie. special commands, fight mk1 and 2k nav mk 1, but the control of turrets isnt there for the tm, it might be for the tl and im just forgetting since i just woke up and started replying to this but im fairly sure it was the same way, devoid of the options for turret controls like giving it commands to attack only shields, missile defense that sort of thing. If im not understanding what you mean by the cc please correct me and if anyone has a solution to my inability to change views even if buying one of those usb number pads would work im down because i might be border line in love with this game. again thank you all again for your help.

on a side note i cant seem to find info on the hq mission and what this "hq" is. If anyone cares to share with me what that is ,ie. a tl like ship or a base of some sort please pm me and i will love you for ever lol.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 25. Jan 13, 20:54

Hi again. You still haven't told us your game and version. It would also make your posts a lot more reader-friendly if you would use more paragraphs to break up the walls of text. :wink:

OK, even if you have no fight softwares fitted then go to the ship command menu (Control C) and you will find some turret commands listed (on a ship with turrets obviously). With one or both fight softwares you get more turret commands and better aiming assistance options. Select what turret order you want and then with weapons correctly fitted in the turrets they will fight for your ship without any need for control by yourself. You can change the turret order whenever you want.

The (P)HQ is covered in the FAQs here.

titannub
x3tc

Post by titannub » Wed, 6. Feb 13, 18:00

Hi there guys,

Apologizes for the log response time ive been doin 1,000 things at once for weeks now but ive made time to get back in touch with you all and update the situation.

After almost as much google searching as my brain could handle and alot of laughing at windows employes that fail at life i found a solution to "most" of my problems. A simple restart and some bios commands disabled my laptops function keys and reverted them to F keys so my turret selection now works. On that when i restarted the game my ships had fight commands again so i assume it was an oversight on my part or simply the game being annoying lol.

Anyhow Thank you for your help all of you, alan especially for helping me not type like im 6 (sort of lol) ill be sure to return if ever i need more help. thanks again guys.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 6. Feb 13, 19:23

You are welcome - and you never did tell us what X-game you were playing!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”