Xenon HUB eplanation

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

darkwoe1209
x3tc

Xenon HUB eplanation

Post by darkwoe1209 » Sat, 26. Jan 13, 03:10

Forgive my stupidity in this case, but I am about to start the HUB plot, and I want to be a little clear. I've read a few things about the HUB plot.

1. That it is mind-numbingly long.

2. The HUB eventually becomes a sector that connects gates to eachother?

How does this work? could I make my first gate the Unknown sector next to Zyarth's domain, and the second gate of the set the south gate of home of light? What would this do?

Forgive me if I am absolutely insane and have completely the wrong idea.

pr0nflakes
x4

Post by pr0nflakes » Sat, 26. Jan 13, 03:52

Would help to know if you are playing TC or AP.

TC hub plot is very hard and takes huge amounts of resourses.
AP hub plot is much easier and takes just a few items.

When you connect the hub to the gate system you basicly just put the hub between the two sectors of the gate you pick.
So if you connected them in the way you say you could travel between the two sectors with just two jumps, or right through the hub to the other gate.
It would however take two connections.

Terrachova
x3tc

Post by Terrachova » Sat, 26. Jan 13, 03:53

The Hub functions as its own little sector, and has 6 gates arranged in 3 pairs. Once you complete all the relevant plots, you can connect these however you want, within constraints, of which, there is only one.

The Hub works by slotting itself 'between' sectors. So, take Cloudbase Southeast and Ore Belt (I think those two are adjacent). If you select that junction, then one of your three pairs of gates will align there - one will connect to Cloudbase SE, and the other to Ore Belt. Instead of going straight from CBE to OB, you go from one, to the Hub, then the other.

Now, you have 3 pairs you can do this with, so what does that mean? You essentially have a 6 way intersection. If you select the gate in Weaver's Tempest (or whatever the Yaki sector is), then you can go from Weaver's Tempest straight to Ore Belt through two gates.

darkwoe1209
x3tc

Post by darkwoe1209 » Sat, 26. Jan 13, 04:01

Ah, ok. Sorry for not mentioning that I am playing TC, so I am expecting a whole ton of resources. I was under the impression that you had 6 different gates that you could link to 6 different sectors, which could create quite a few problems.

darkwoe1209
x3tc

Post by darkwoe1209 » Sat, 26. Jan 13, 04:41

I have two more questions, one I think I already know the answer.

Can you use the HUB to connect terran sectors, where they use trans-orbital accelerators rather then gates? it would be really handy to put the hub in between mars and the moon for instance.

And can you connect the hub to a terran unknown sector that has no gates?

pr0nflakes
x4

Post by pr0nflakes » Sat, 26. Jan 13, 04:44

No and no i'm afraid.

Needs to have a "regular" jump gate inorder to make the connection.

darkwoe1209
x3tc

Post by darkwoe1209 » Sat, 26. Jan 13, 05:10

Darn. So much for the easy access terran empire. Oh well, I imagine by the time I finish the HUB plot I'll have enough stations that I can just tack on a few terran stations to make the weapons I want.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”