AP 2.5.1 Mac update wipes out addon folder (backup first)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

bn

AP 2.5.1 Mac update wipes out addon folder (backup first)

Post by bn » Sun, 27. Jan 13, 08:21

Haven't seen mention of this yet, thought a warning might be appropriate. It looks like AP 2.5.1 for mac has been out since early November, though I'm pretty sure the app store wasn't telling me it was available until the last week or two, and I just updated an hour ago.

The first time you launch the updated version, it deletes the contents of the Data Changes directory, so you lose the entire addon folder and whatever mods you might have installed. (Note: the installation itself does not do this, it happens at first launch.)

As long as you have a backup somewhere, all you have to do is restore your addon folder, and all is well.

And if not... this is presumably a VPL issue, not Egosoft (if you figure out how to get their attention, please let me know).

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 27. Jan 13, 11:51

Yes a VPL issue there, although round about the time of 2.5 for Windows there was a Steam update that changed the format of all the Steam gamefiles (for a more efficient format they said).

Whether that replacement has somehow carried through into the Mac updates I have no idea, but if that is the case then reloading the old format files is just putting the file replacement update off until the next one is received. Or it could just be a glitch of course.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”