X3:AP Chip complex loop help.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Fybe
x3tc

X3:AP Chip complex loop help.

Post by Fybe » Sun, 27. Jan 13, 16:56

Can any please help on building complexes?
I'm starting to build my first complex but I'm a bit lost. I want to build a chip complex so I can slowly start the HUB plot but the thing is, can I have multiple silicon mines or will I need a fleet of miners to supply the production?

I'm thinking of building it in Barren Shores due to the high silicon yield and making it self sufficient but its harder to even plan it than I thought.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ApatheticEthic
x3tc

Post by ApatheticEthic » Sun, 27. Jan 13, 17:03

You can attach multiple Silicon mines to your complex through complex kits.

Xadrian's complex calculator may be of help also.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=239659

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 27. Jan 13, 17:06

Use a complex planning tool. There are on-line and off-line ones. I use this off-line one from Xadrian. There is no risk of making your game modified through using it if that worries you.

Edit: Ninja'd.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Xander879

Post by Xander879 » Sun, 27. Jan 13, 17:21

I want to be helpful here, but I don't want to spoil your game, so your choice. :)
Spoiler
Show
You don't need chips to start or complete the hub plot in AP, though building a chip complex is a very profitable venture anyway.

Blaank
x3ap

Post by Blaank » Sun, 27. Jan 13, 17:22

You may want to get the crystal free spp mod. You buy a normal one then upgrade it. It's so expensive that it works out to the same price of buying a self supporting loop. Though you do get extra Ecells because none are eaten up by the crystal production chain. Also means you can plop down a solar power plant by itself in a system and not have to worry about supplying crystals or having asteroids in-system to make a loop.

There is a pretty big bug. If you shut down the upgrade planet then start it back up, it will be producing 5/10/20 Ecells per cycle for M/L/XL . Spending 50 million to upgrade an XL to crystal-free and it produces 20 cells a cycle is quite irritating.

Lorric
x3tc

Post by Lorric » Sun, 27. Jan 13, 17:23

Yes, you can connect Silicon Mines to your complex with Construction Kits. They need to be close - you can move your mines with a ship equipped with a tractor beam (typically M6s and larger). Build the mine first, then move it. You cannot move objects that you do not own yourself.

And just to overwhelm you a little :) A self sufficient 25 Microchip complex in Ore Belt.
This could be made a bit cheaper by using Teladi mines and Boron food, chip, crystal and power plants.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 27. Jan 13, 18:15

AP takes places AFTER Terran Conflict, so you are not doing the same plots as in TC,unless you added Dilpickle's mod (in my sig).

There is a trick to complexes built with stations occupying the same space.
But don't try it until you are confident with normal complexes.
It does cut the slow FPS rate that results from mega-complexes.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”