How do I use my HQ's saved loadouts?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

sadron
x3tc

How do I use my HQ's saved loadouts?

Post by sadron » Tue, 29. Jan 13, 00:11

I've built ships from the HQ and I want to use the loadouts from previous ships of the same type I've docked there before. How do I have the HQ produce the required weapons and whatnot to put on the ships? It's just producing a wareless shieldless ship after production.

jackelmyer
x3tc

Post by jackelmyer » Tue, 29. Jan 13, 00:18

Simply dock a ship to your HQ so you can save a load out. It really only includes Shields, Weapons, and Missiles I believe.

Then when you dock your new barebones ship to the PHQ, when you go to the "Adjust Staton Parameters" menu, you'll have the option to select a saved load out. Click on the saved load out and it will list the ships that the saved load out can be applied to.

sadron
x3tc

Post by sadron » Tue, 29. Jan 13, 01:27

Ah I see, that was my problem, I have to be inside the ship itself to install the loadout.

sadron
x3tc

Post by sadron » Tue, 29. Jan 13, 01:55

Okay I'm seeing a new problem, I have a loadout saved, but it doesn't show the other ships unless I have include lasers and shields off. Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of the saved loadout?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 29. Jan 13, 04:50

sadron wrote:I have a loadout saved, but it doesn't show the other ships unless I have include lasers and shields off.
That is an unfortunate "feature". It would be easier to understand the menu if it showed the other ships as greyed out.

In order to get the feature to work, you will have to have the required lasers and shields in stock at your PHQ. THEN you will see your ships available on the menu. The PHQ does not build lasers and shields -- you must buy or manufacture them the usual way.

Currently, the Save Loadouts feature only works correctly on ships without turrets. It jumbles up the guns on ships with turrets. This effect has been reported.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”