Help trading in Paranid Space

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

doctor_roxo
x3tc

Help trading in Paranid Space

Post by doctor_roxo » Wed, 30. Jan 13, 15:28

I'm sure there's explanations for this in numerous guides, but i've searched and can't seem to find any simple answer.

All i want to do is set up a sector trader in Empire's Edge. Obviously, i can't do that, nor can i even trade with them manually. i know i have to get notoriety with them before i can trade with them i guess but how do i do that?

I've been staying in Argon Space since i began playing [which hasn't been long] and now i want to start expanding a bit.

If someone can just explain this to me, or link me to a good video or guide, i'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 30. Jan 13, 16:00

1. Do check on Paranid border sectors (not core) to see if you can land and take station missions there.

2. Do station missions for Paranid characters based at other race stations even in other race sectors.

3. Do kill enemies of the Paranid in Paranid space.

4. Don't kill or attack Paranid property and that inludes not letting your armed ships enter Paranid space or their turrets firing on Paranid assets anywhere else.

5. Don't run illegal tradegoods in Paranid areas.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Lea Flamma
x3tc

Post by Lea Flamma » Wed, 30. Jan 13, 16:26

Hmm... I didn't even realised it's hard to get Paranid rep. I just build a Space Weed complex and from this I got the title Friend of the Priest Duke. When they buy i get rep. I didn't even found their sectors yet ;P

PS. Yes, I am new to this game.

So after some spying on my complexes I have come to a conclusion that Paranids are everywhere. They buy my Space Weed, Mosquite Missiles, Satellites, Microchips and Computer Components all over the space.

And each transaction is boosting my rep. And thanks to you I decided to venture into their teritory. There were none sectors hostile to me, but I only looked at a couple. Took the way from Interworlds (or something like this).
Last edited by Lea Flamma on Thu, 31. Jan 13, 00:52, edited 2 times in total.

doctor_roxo
x3tc

Post by doctor_roxo » Wed, 30. Jan 13, 16:38

thanks a lot Alan. i just started doing that actually. i've done 2 missions in Emperor's Mines, then i came down to Empire's Edge just now to see if i could even do any missions here but it doesn't look like it. i'll head back to Emperor's Mines and do more there. thanks again.. :D

estevesbk

Post by estevesbk » Wed, 30. Jan 13, 18:19

There are always also some paranids in Argon Space waiting for Mineral Scanning, Taxi and Return Ship Missions! ;)

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 30. Jan 13, 22:31

Yes, you can find Paranids all over the universe offering missions.

But early on in the game,you have to befriend them in order to get work / docking rights in core sectors.

Knock out a few pirates or Xenon/Kha'ak in Paranid space.
That will boos t your rep.

Great idea with the weed/and booze plex.
I did that one in "Averice" , and I had rep coming from all directions :D

doctor_roxo
x3tc

Post by doctor_roxo » Thu, 31. Jan 13, 15:12

Well i'm playing the game strictly as a trader for now. might get into combat later so i can't do any of those types of missions for now.

what i did do was build a solar power plant in Emperor Mine's. there's lots of ore mines and silicon mines but no solar plants at all. hopefully that will help, and if not it is making me lots of money.

will this work ya think?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 31. Jan 13, 21:36

It will work, but it will take longer than a sector with SPP, bio, food, and factories.

Training ST's is fastest when there are many trades to be made. Supplying mines with energy will work, but it is a one-way trade, so the pilot spends half of his flight time empty; earning no training experience.

SPP to Bio, Bio to Food, Food to Factory -- means more trades with a full cargo hold. Therefore, faster training.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”