[X3TC] Missile for M6 to bring down M7

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Fri, 1. Feb 13, 13:51

Carrack has 2gj shield, which is only a double of a katana.
To bring down two katanas, Mamba vanguard is enough.
So get mamba and save before attempting.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 1. Feb 13, 16:34

How does the shield recharge rate of Carrack compare to that of Katana?

Can one launch an FS without a target? If yes, then they won't see it coming. Computing firing solution is an easy "exploit" too.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

estevesbk

Post by estevesbk » Sat, 2. Feb 13, 19:51

Tohron wrote:Plus, if you like humiliation value, the Mistral Freighter can fire them - nothing like killing a capital ship with a TS.
I love the humiliation value! :)

This Pirate Carrack seems to be getting on my nerves... Tough ship to kill. It took me some time to figure out how to to that on a Springblossom (Using Ammo-Based Weapons was THE choice back then)

Anything a Discoverer can fire too? :roll:

Thanks @Rhox but as much as I want them to be destroyed, I'm not comfortable to use this "exploit"... But I'll keep that in mind, always good to know! ;)

Morkonan wrote:
estevesbk wrote:....Problem is that the different speeds seem to need you to calculate very well the timing of what to launch what,,,
This is why using such a tactic is so rewarding! Calculating missile speeds, ranges and how fast different flights of missiles will overtake your target is one of your jobs as a seasoned combat commander! :D

It's a very rewarding gameplay experience, in my opinion. Whenever I do this succesfully, and I always try to, I get a big rush knowing that through my knowledge of weapons systems, I was able to get a kill. It wasn't that I simply "pushed a button" and "ship go boom!" The far more rewarding experience is calculating that sort of thing while your avoiding enemy fire and then seeing it pay off with a huge "ship go boom!"

We can all be Captain Ramius!
Wow that's a nice movie, I'll watch! :)

You're making an excellent point... I think I was just too eager to bring down the Carrack... My hatred blinded me, shame on me! :cry:

I remember when it was the first time I brought down a M7 using a M3 firing on its blind spot... Having to match always the heading and the speed to not get out of the blind spot. A little too quick and I would crash into it. A little too slow and the turrets would get me. Seeing that thing explode later was one of the most rewarding experiences I had on X3! ;)

(But it was a Xenon Q, not a Carrack... I think the Xenon Q was sent by the devil to annoy us OOS but the Carrack was sent to annoy us IS)

snowman001 wrote:Hornets, typhoons and wasps are the only missiles i produce - if ya can't kill it with them you need an M7M with flails/hammers
Thanks, I will focus my Complexes on them...

And thank you all guys for the hints! ;)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”