AP - Terran Commander - How can I repair Argon rep from -5?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

sadron
x3tc

AP - Terran Commander - How can I repair Argon rep from -5?

Post by sadron » Tue, 5. Feb 13, 06:15

I'm trying to find argon pilots in friendly sectors of the other races as a sort of proxy to repair the default bad rep you have with them so I can safely do the rest of the missions. Thus far I'm not having much luck in finding any of these argon human pilots (I've found pirate humans though...) do I need to just keep searching or is it gonna be impossible since I'm at the absolute bottom reputation?

Joe McCracken
x3tc

Post by Joe McCracken » Tue, 5. Feb 13, 06:25

As far as I know, about the only way you can get the rep up from -5 is kill the enemies of the Argon in their sectors, while you run away from them trying to kill you. The list would include, Paranid, Yaki, Terrans, Xenon, and Pirates. :paranid: :pirat: :xenon:
I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun, hide in the asteroids and laugh at what I done, put a blood blister upon each bun, I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun.
Some people are like slinkies, not worth a whole lot, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

sadron
x3tc

Post by sadron » Tue, 5. Feb 13, 06:33

Actually, I answered myself, found an argon guy in Boron territory who needed something done. This is gonna take a long time to get from -5 to -4...

Joe McCracken
x3tc

Post by Joe McCracken » Tue, 5. Feb 13, 06:39

Yep....
I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun, hide in the asteroids and laugh at what I done, put a blood blister upon each bun, I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun.
Some people are like slinkies, not worth a whole lot, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Tue, 5. Feb 13, 08:24

After 4-5days Universe Time, I have managed to go up to ~31% and back down to 17%... moral of the Story do not place Laser Towers in war sectors.

I had 48 in Jupiter, 48 in Asteroid Belt, and 72 in Heretics End. They keep destroying lots of Argon ships upto and including M1/M2. My Terran/ATF rep keeps increasing though (currently at 68% at the top rank)
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Tue, 5. Feb 13, 09:08

@ sadron: It can be extremely frustrating and never-ending to wait for such missions. You might try another approach:

Build stations/factories/mines with products that Argon need urgently as close as possible of Argon territory (but in a safe sector) and set the price to minimum (or to your production cost). Yes, you will probably loose some Credits there; but on mid-term each docking Argon ship will raise your rep - THAT is your profit!
If you want to maximize the output of your operation, set your station's friend-foe-settings in a way that only Argon ships are allowed to dock.

I am actually playing the XTC-mod. In this mod, gaining reputation is much more difficult than in X3TC-Vanilla, as missions are only offered if the reputation is not lower than -1. I raised my Argon rep in several IG-days from -4 to 0 mostly with an Ice-Mine and an Ore-Mine

Neil Depledge
x3tc

Post by Neil Depledge » Tue, 5. Feb 13, 14:36

I found that killing Xenon in Getsu Fume works a treat - Boron give you credits but Argon rep increases. Whilst you wait for the Xenon, you improve your flying skills by avoiding the Argon RR ships and shoot down the tomahawks sent after you. IME there is no penalty for squishing missiles only ships. Neil

sadron
x3tc

Post by sadron » Tue, 5. Feb 13, 21:32

zazie wrote:@ sadron: It can be extremely frustrating and never-ending to wait for such missions. You might try another approach:

Build stations/factories/mines with products that Argon need urgently as close as possible of Argon territory (but in a safe sector) and set the price to minimum (or to your production cost). Yes, you will probably loose some Credits there; but on mid-term each docking Argon ship will raise your rep - THAT is your profit!
If you want to maximize the output of your operation, set your station's friend-foe-settings in a way that only Argon ships are allowed to dock.

I am actually playing the XTC-mod. In this mod, gaining reputation is much more difficult than in X3TC-Vanilla, as missions are only offered if the reputation is not lower than -1. I raised my Argon rep in several IG-days from -4 to 0 mostly with an Ice-Mine and an Ore-Mine
It's presently not logistically viable for me to do so. Thus far I am traveling around killing pirates and finding missions that take me into Argon territory to kill stuff. At the time of this post I'm at 68% out of -5. -4 should be ten times as fast, if the reputation charts on the wiki are any indication.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”