Factory Products & CAG

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Lord Razgriz

Factory Products & CAG

Post by Lord Razgriz » Sat, 9. Feb 13, 22:21

Hey all, I have a couple of questions that I can't find real answers to that I'm hoping someone will be able to help me with.

I have been built 3 factory complexes in different sectors based on the supply and demand figures given in the local stock exchanges.

Complex 1 : A 1MJ shield complex containing 2 x 1MJ shield factory (closed loop except for ore requirement).
Complex 2: A heavy missile complex containing 1 x Flail Missile factory, 1 x Firestorm torpedo factory, 2 x Hammerhead torpedo factory and 1 x Tomahawk missile factory (closed loop except for ore requirement).
Complex 3: An IRE & Shield complex containing 1 x 200MJ shield factory, 2 x 1MJ shield factory and 2 x IRE forge (complete closed loop).

NPC traders regularly come and buy the 1MJ shields (from both complexes) but buy NONE of the other products despite there being a high demand for them. Why is this?

I tried to get around this by assigning CAG's to the complexes to sell the products for me. For complex 2 (missile complex) this works fine - the CAG buys ore as needed and sells the produced missiles when not buying resources. However, the CAG I have assigned to complex 3 does absoloutly nothing - it is completely closed loop so it doesn't need to buy any resources but it simply refuses to go out and sell the goods produced.
Does anybody know why this is the case or how I can get it to do what I want?

(NB: I have set the CAG in question to "Salesman", have intermediate product trading set to "None" and have made sure that the goods in question are actually listed as final products. I have fiddled about with the other settings for an hour trying to get it to do something but it just sits on standby :evil: )

Thanks in advance.

Lea Flamma
x3tc

Post by Lea Flamma » Sat, 9. Feb 13, 23:14

First of all, check if your CAG is higher then Arprentice. He needs to be at least lvl 2 to sell. If this is the case move a CAG from other complex here and set this one to buy stuff and train himself :)

Lord Razgriz

Post by Lord Razgriz » Sun, 10. Feb 13, 12:55

Ahh, thank you very much switching him for one of the other CAGs worked :D

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”