Are the angry pirates that appear from seta stronger or something?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ApatheticEthic
x3tc

Are the angry pirates that appear from seta stronger or something?

Post by ApatheticEthic » Mon, 11. Feb 13, 23:09

I was in seta a bit longer than usual while I traded stocks. Pirates appeared and attacked a station, I guess because of the seta. I responded as soon as I heard the distress call, but they had the station down to hull as soon as I got there. How can a couple of Novas with HEPTs even do that? :evil:

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Mon, 11. Feb 13, 23:36

I don't know for sure,but SETA probably did not help.
Remember,everything is faster in SETA,so the time spent by the pirates blasting your station was actually a lot longer when you calculate the effects of SETA.

Virtualaughing
x4

Post by Virtualaughing » Tue, 12. Feb 13, 00:28

it is more likely the SETA work otherwise as the projectile count will decrease (CPU usage) for the shield' sake
X to X3 is MENU SUPERIOR!
I think Egosoft has already worked out our doom, because Xenon AI will reach the stars! :D

Tohron
x3tc

Post by Tohron » Tue, 12. Feb 13, 00:44

Some of the cheaper stations only have about 250 MJ of shielding, so a group of Novas could conceivable do significant hull damage while you're responding.

ApatheticEthic
x3tc

Post by ApatheticEthic » Tue, 12. Feb 13, 01:02

Nope, a complex with 9GJ. I just reloaded, but that was bull.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Wed, 13. Feb 13, 17:50

As soon as you start to idle (no matter seta) bad things start to happen.

There is a couter though i believe - if you are fighting, then less unwanted events occur around your oos property. For ex leaving a strong ship drifting slowly in a kha'ak sector seems to stop any other bigger attacks against the player's empire as long as the kha'ak keep spawning on the player (who moves) - some sats might get blown up, but not a station or bigger ships as i noticed.
The important thing is that the player ship needs to stay in fight all the time, which is not a problem for a Panther, or Osaka with some flaks aboard.

jlehtone
x4

Re: Are the angry pirates that appear from seta stronger or something?

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 14. Feb 13, 17:36

ApatheticEthic wrote:Pirates appeared and attacked a station, I guess because of the seta. I responded as soon as I heard the distress call, but they had the station down to hull as soon as I got there. How can a couple of Novas with HEPTs even do that? :evil:
Nova OOS does not shoot like a Nova in sector. It does shoot only once in a while, does not run out of energy, and each "shot" makes much more damage than single HEPT hit in sector. Likewise, Xenon Q (X3TC) can "one-shot" all but strongest targets OOS.

How about Hammerheads? Pirates still have them? They could use a missile instead of HEPT for a "30 sec shot". Normal probability. 1.25GJ off the shield per hit. Rare, but possible. There is no area effect OOS, so the Hammerheads are completely safe. ;)

Edit:
Just witnessed this in X3TC. Got "Station under attack" warning, twice, before located problem seriously enough. Two Pirates (Nova and Kea?) were attacking a station that was member of a Complex. Apparently the the first in the "members of this Complex" list. I was bit slow to react, but did send a ship OOS. By that time the 9 GJ shield was almost gone. The station did survive with 51% hull. The Complex Hub was not under attack.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”