Select universe trader -> "Incoming message." -> Action:None DO AS I TELL YOU, IDIOT!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

sadron
x3tc

Select universe trader -> "Incoming message." -> Action:None DO AS I TELL YOU, IDIOT!

Post by sadron » Wed, 13. Feb 13, 06:09

This is really ****** irritating. I've had to constantly fly this picky piece of shit around the universe, trying to find a sector for this retard to return to universe trading for me, but the computer voice keeps telling me "incoming message" (even though I don't get mail) and the trader's ship goes to None action mode. ****** do as I tell you and begin trading again, shithead! Ugh this is frustrating, why is this retard not doing as he's told?

Lea Flamma
x3tc

Post by Lea Flamma » Wed, 13. Feb 13, 07:04

For Universe Traders the massege is in your personal log. They have full cargo hold or none E-Cells nearby for jumpedrive. You can acces the log by going P->Message Log or shift+M.

sadron
x3tc

Post by sadron » Wed, 13. Feb 13, 07:11

Either way I fired the idiot by selling his ship at a shipyard, I can only hope he was either sold into slavery or killed by being shot out into space. Yes I know that's not in game mechanics but the piece of shit deserved to lose his job.

snowman001
x4

Post by snowman001 » Wed, 13. Feb 13, 09:52

Did you check if his cargo bay was full? he cant trade if he has no room to transport goods.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 13. Feb 13, 11:31

@ sadron: So did you post just to rant or did you want to find out how to get them to work properly?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Wed, 13. Feb 13, 12:26

@sadron: please consider that you are not the first person ever to have 'problems' with a Universe-trader. But in other cases, the problems were solved and the player had to realize that the problem was sitting in front of the computer :wink: . So it could be wise to tone down with "retarded" and other expressions of this kind :mrgreen:

pref
x4

Re: Select universe trader -> "Incoming message." -> Action:None DO AS I TELL YOU, IDIOT!

Post by pref » Wed, 13. Feb 13, 17:41

sadron wrote: why is this retard not doing as he's told?
You don't ask him nice enough =)

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Thu, 14. Feb 13, 00:55

When this happens, it's always the cargo hold being full.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

PerfectStranger

Post by PerfectStranger » Thu, 14. Feb 13, 00:59

Triaxx2 wrote:When this happens, it's always the cargo hold being full.
I have had to unload cargo on a lvl 4 ST 3 times and the same trader at lvl 7 twice trying to get him to UT at lvl 8 .

I was getting slightly annoyed at the NONE command as well .
Additionally I had to move the very same ship around a few different sectors because even when empty this one pilot was addicted to standby .

johntarmac
x3tc

Post by johntarmac » Thu, 14. Feb 13, 01:32

PerfectStranger wrote:
Triaxx2 wrote:When this happens, it's always the cargo hold being full.
I have had to unload cargo on a lvl 4 ST 3 times and the same trader at lvl 7 twice trying to get him to UT at lvl 8 .

I was getting slightly annoyed at the NONE command as well .
Additionally I had to move the very same ship around a few different sectors because even when empty this one pilot was addicted to standby .
It's a long time since I read the data sheet for UTs but I seem to remember something about them going to standby to take training.

SpaceAcid

Post by SpaceAcid » Thu, 14. Feb 13, 06:49

something similar is happening for me but I believe it's a conflicting script
from some other mod.

bonus pack external commodity logistics

I order him to

1) load silicon from my HQ
2) sell it to specefic chip plants in specefic sectors
3) loop

then execute start external logistics

and he starts wandering off to buy mosquito missiles..
even though his auto resupply under advance>weapons
are all set to 0

to fix the problem I end up killing him :evil:

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Thu, 14. Feb 13, 09:40

SpaceAcid wrote:....
then execute start external logistics

and he starts wandering off to buy mosquito missiles..
even though his auto resupply under advance>weapons
are all set to 0

to fix the problem I end up killing him :evil:
This was no error. This is intended behavior.... IF he has Fight Command Software, the pilot will automatically outfit his ship with Mosquito missiles if it can equip them. (Read the Bonus Pack documentation.)

You murderer! :D

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Thu, 14. Feb 13, 10:04

CAG's, CLS1, and CLS2 are all supposed to buy Mosquitoes for self defense, and they'll also purchase Fighter Drones. It's designed to keep them from getting dead.

Also, once your ST hit's level 6, stop it and start it again with a jump range of 1 and it will stop far less.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 14. Feb 13, 15:52

In my experience all the Pilots do a sterling job exactly according to the instructions that they have received from their Pilot Union. The Union addresses the blame about apparent misunderstandings to CEO's, who blatantly ignore the operating parameters of their trade fleet and set non-sensical demands on these fair workers totally ignoring prevalent conditions. :teladi:

Rather than shouting on the inter-comm (which merely confuses the Pilots), I do advice CEO colleagues to study the operation principles of the Union and the market situation. In the past some of us have, via constructive improvement ideas, managed to fine-tune the instructions of the Union to better suite our needs. I know that "friendly suggest" is not as frequent in the vocabulary of a CEO as "I want, now", but it still does make profit.

Remember: Sith Lords don't kill their servants in rage. They wield awesome power and influence everyone behind the scenes totally undetected, and then kill their servants in cold blood. :twisted:

SpaceAcid

Post by SpaceAcid » Fri, 15. Feb 13, 03:21

perhaps I wasn't clear enough why exactly *buying* mosquito missiles pisses me off..

the main reason being I'm trying to use the advanced Chokaro transport
for transporting silicon wafers to chip plants..

It does not have alot of room only 1800 units to be exact.

there is no point in carrying mosquito missiles "pointless cargo" taking up
precious room in the cargo bay to be hauling around as dead weight..

because there are 6 Asp fighters in the hangar bay using Anarkis ADS to
auto protect the ship. sorta like having more useful and less expendable
fighter drones for those pirates that like to get too close they auto jump
out, kick ass, & eject pirate pilots then return home = salvage proffitss

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Fri, 15. Feb 13, 08:36

SpaceAcid wrote:....there is no point in carrying mosquito missiles "pointless cargo" taking up precious room in the cargo bay to be hauling around as dead weight.. ...
Mosquitos are tiny... teensy weensy.. teeninie. I suppose their could be a smaller ware out there... Tissues? Individual ones? Unwrapped, single-ply, maybe?

But, if you must ban them, dump "Fight Command MK II" software from his equipment and he shouldn't try to buy Mosquito Missiles any longer. (Not sure, but he may still try to buy combat drones, but they only carry 10 or so at a time.)

This is per the X3TC documentation for the Bonus Pack which states that FC MKII is necessary to alter their behavior to buy Mosquito Missiles for Mosquito Missile Defense.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 15. Feb 13, 10:23

SpaceAcid wrote:something similar is happening for me ...
Yes. (Note: sadron did title the thread "UT", so CLS2 is not quite on topic.)

In both cases a user blames script before studying the documentation of the script. At least it seems like that is the common theme; could be misinterpretation on my behalf.

On sadron's defense, the Trade Mk3's documentation is not as detailed or "collected" as CLS's.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Aragosnat
x4

Post by Aragosnat » Sat, 16. Feb 13, 01:54

Another thing it could also be is if there is an enemy in the same sector. Even if the red fiend is at the opposite end and the UT can safely leave. They stay in the station until the red fiend is toast or the station it is in goes poof.
Chain Maille Armor
Profitzz
May this spacefly bother you.
[ external image ]
TC: 32+ Squidie (Steam DiD) deaths and counting since around June 18, 2012.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”