Terran mission broken - Zyarth freighters disappearing

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

dansken
x4

Terran mission broken - Zyarth freighters disappearing

Post by dansken » Thu, 14. Feb 13, 12:08

I suspect one of the scripts I have installed are breaking the Terran mission for me -- what are my best options for identifying the culprit or fixing the mission?

The mission is to deploy satelites at Family Zyarth and Family Ryk, then scan some freighters. Robert Pearle is onboard, and satelite deployment is a success -- this does not seem to be the usual problem some people are having with this mission.

Upon entering the sector with freighters to be scanned, I can tell that the freighters are created (they appear on the sector map), but they instantly disappear and Pearle tells me not to worry, I'll get another chance. The mission then restarts, creating another set of freighters to scan (I catch a glimpse of them on the sector map) -- and then they disappear as well. This loop goes on as long as I remain in the sector.

I'd appreciate any ideas regarding whats causing the mission critical freighters to be removed. Any way to debug this, or find a way around the problem?

I've just recently taken up X3TC again, so this is a fresh install of the game, most recent patch and the following scripts (newest version available installed with Cycrow Plugin Manager):

==================
00 Basics
==================
- Plugin Manager 1.47
- Community Plugin Configuration 1.51
- Hotkey Manager 1.21
- Ware Manager 1.10
- Lucikes script library Befehlsbibliothek_X3TC_V3706 (needed for CAG, CLS, EST etc)
- CAG: Commercial Agent (Buy resources for player station or complex) link link
- CLS: Commodity Logistics Software MK1/2 (Automated ware merchant) link link
- EST: Economy and Supply Trader (Automated merchant) link link
- Dockware Manager (Add/remove wares from player stations) link
- MDM: Missile Defense Mosquito (Anti-missile missile) link link
- Turbo Boost link
- Saitek X52 data collector (for joystick MFD data display - run x3tc-x52pro.exe)

==================
15 Libraries
==================
- Community Plugin Configuration /by Cycrow)
- WareManager (Add/remove wares from stations) /Cycrow, required by: Salvage Claim Software -> NPC Bailing Addon -> Pirate Guild
- JSON parser library (needed for Military Base Response revamp) /Serial Kicked
- Galactic News System (news articles added by mods) /XTC Team
- Global Administration (unified menu for CAG, CLS, EST) /Lucike link link
- Basic Salay (Pilot Union - salaries for Lucikes personnel) link link
- Military Transport (Supplies personnel for Lucikes scripts) link link

================================
25 Fixes and feature alterations
================================
- Enhanced Briefings (includes more info on target) /kurush link
- zMissionTweak (double duration and reward for dynamic missions) /Kwalyr, DrBullWinkle link link
- Docking Lockup Fix + Upgrade /Gazz link

==================
30 Trade
==================
- MK3 Optimization (Improved Universal Trader) /gnasirator link
- Universal Best Buys/Sells Locator (find the best prices) /alex2069, dblade link
- Pirate Fence (trade with fence through Ships Command Console) /pelador link
- Trade Overview (monitor your ships/stations trade) /ScRaT

==================
30 Gathering
==================
- Detector (audible blip when objects of interest are near) /DrBullwinkle link
- Salvage Claim Software (for claiming big ships) /Cycrow, required by: NPC Bailing Addon -> Pirate Guild
- Salvage Commands and NPCs (autopilot salvage commands and NPC salvagers) /ThisIsHarsh, required by: NPC Bailing Addon -> Pirate Guild link
- NPC Bailing Addon (NPC vs NPC battles also causes bailing) /ThisIsHarsh link
- Super Script Killer (fixes scripts remaining on captured ships) /DrBullwinkle link
- Release Passenger (rescue astronauts for improved race recognition) /X2-Illuminatus link
- Passenger to Marine (requires space fuel and firearms cargo) /pelador link
- Mobile Mining MK2 /DrBullwinkle link

==================
40 Combat
==================
- Bounce (better crash avoidance) /Litcube link
- Improved Boarding /Cycrow, DrBullwinkle link

==================
40 Turret
==================
- Missile Defense MK2 (included with MARS) /Gazz link
- MARS Fire Control /Gazz, DrBullwinkle link link

===================
45 Fleet Management
===================
- Anarkis Defense System (carrier commands and sector defense) /Serial Kicked link
- MarCon Software (fleet info and management) /mark_a_condren link
- Equipment Manager (TM can equip ships according to templates) /Lucike link link
- Personnel Transporter (Transfer and manage Lucikes 'Pilot Union' personnel) link link

===================
50 Ship upgrades
===================
- Marine Repairs /Tatakau, DrBullwinkle link
- Organic Boron Hulls (Boron ships autorepair in space) /DrBullwinkle link
- Upgrade Kits /DrBullwinkle (Home of Light and Goners sell kits with ship upgrades) link

==================
60 Navigation
==================
- Free Jump for AI (traders gets free jumps if low on cells or attacked) /DrBullWinkle link

========================
70 Information Gathering
========================
- Satelite Early Warning System (AdvSat warns about enemy activity) /Cycrow link
- Automated Satelite Network (software to deploy satelites) /alex2069 link
- Galaxy Explorer /gnasirator link
- X3 Map by Scorp (export data to external map viewer) /Scorp link
- Hot Sectors (Hotkey for "your ships is under attack"-sector) /Lucike link

==================
80 Stations
==================
- Complex Planner /Lucike link link
- Complex Cleaner /Gazz, DrBullwinkle link

==================
90 Artificial Life
==================
- Yaki Armada
- Pirate Guild
- Military Base Response Revamp

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 14. Feb 13, 18:42

dansken wrote:what are my best options for identifying the culprit or fixing the mission?
Well, the good thing is that mission seems to take care of the ship destruction. So when you're able to find out, which script is causing the destruction and disable it, you should also be able to continue the mission.

Do you actually see the freighters, which are destroyed, in space? Your description sounds more like they would move out of your scanner range.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

dansken
x4

Post by dansken » Thu, 14. Feb 13, 20:06

Thank you for responding.

I haven't actually seen the freighters themselves in space -- they pop up at random positions, and only exist for a split second.

However, the sector map clearly shows four freighter icons appearing "out of nowhere", well withing range of my satelite scanning range. At one time I even had the entire sector covered by satelites, so scanning range should not be the issue.

dansken
x4

Post by dansken » Tue, 19. Feb 13, 09:15

I used the Interactive Plot Manager to finish the mission by paying some credits. Missed the story, but got the rewards in the least cheatery way I could find.

I have now begun some new missions without experiencing any problems, so I am moving on with the game.

I'll probably do a vanilla game later, just to see the Terran missions.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”