Questions about the original X-BTF

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

samoja

Questions about the original X-BTF

Post by samoja » Fri, 15. Feb 13, 09:35

I never got to play original x, it was bugged and for some reason messed up my computer, if somebody did can you answer some questions for me?

1. i was reading a walk trough, exactly how strong capital ships were in that time?
2. i herd that factories at that time were dirt cheap, did they have similar negligible production rate (therefore being in essence mini factories and justifying their cheapness)?
3. i heard your x shuttle can mount all weapons and shields(even capital class), does this make it au par with capital ships?
4.I heard also there is no limit to improvement, does this mean infinite cargobay extension/engine tuning/rudder optimization?

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 15. Feb 13, 14:19

1. Not terribly strong, but extremely fast. :twisted:

2. Quite normal production rate. Numbers were just smaller back then. :) See http://www.klarix.de/xbtf/en/XFrSet2.html

3. Almost. However, you don't get all the top gear before very late. Very.

4. Each tuning costs more than one before. I've seen formulas, but cannot remember where. IIRC, there was a limit on tunings too. By the time you would get that far, you would have invested 100 mil or more on your ship. 100 mil was a very very large number in Xbtf.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Fri, 15. Feb 13, 23:23

Thanks for that link ! :D

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”