[AP] How to move a barren asteroid?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Digma
x4

[AP] How to move a barren asteroid?

Post by Digma » Sun, 17. Feb 13, 13:14

I am looking to clear (move) some of the asteroids in a system, so I can more effectively use the ones I do have mines on in alignement with my complex. I have already (and before that tried) read about the fact that a tractor beam won't be able to pull a barren asteroid, unless I put a mine on it.

I have already tried blasting the whole asteroids away with a moderate missile charge and then blowing the small parts to bits :twisted: but as expected it simply re-pops after a while.

So what are my options, other than putting a cheap mine on it? A bit of help on the matter would really be appreciated.

You have my gratitude in advance.
There is no instant success or wealth in X3, only patience..

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Sun, 17. Feb 13, 13:35

There is no other option unless you want to use a mod.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Digma
x4

Post by Digma » Sun, 17. Feb 13, 13:42

What I already feared. Then again, it never hurts to ask, to be completely sure.

Thanks.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Sun, 17. Feb 13, 21:41

You can put a mine on it and self destruct it. Still costs the price of the mine, but at least you don't have to haul it away.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 17. Feb 13, 21:53

Put a mine on it and include it into your complex. No matter how low a yield, it gives extra mineral and e-cell storage to the complex just for a low e-cell running cost. It might also give a slight boost to mineral production that you might need someday.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Sun, 17. Feb 13, 23:06

Alan Phipps wrote:Put a mine on it and include it into your complex. No matter how low a yield, it gives extra mineral and e-cell storage to the complex just for a low e-cell running cost. It might also give a slight boost to mineral production that you might need someday.
Doesn't necessarily even have that low e-cell running cost. If you hook it to the complex you get the extra storage space and you can just turn off the production if you feel so inclined.

Digma
x4

Post by Digma » Mon, 18. Feb 13, 10:34

Hmmm. That's a nice way of making use of a hindrance. Should have thought of that. Thanks for the suggestions.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”