[AP]GoD and Terran Economy

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Echofinder
x3tc

[AP]GoD and Terran Economy

Post by Echofinder » Tue, 19. Feb 13, 02:18

I was playing as a pirate so building myself up took quite some time; when I decided to join up with the Terrans their economy was pretty much tanked. I'm guessing Aldrin is probably the same.

I've heard that GoD takes into account the economy of any given sector and creates stations depending on the situation, but how exactly does this work?

I'm assuming that it looks at the supply/demand situation and thinks "Oh hey there's a huge supply/demand of ware X, I should build more of X station." So I built a huge complex named "Terran Economic Stimulus Package" and set a couple of CLS agents to buy up missiles so the demand for all sorts of goods shot up. I'm still not really seeing any new stations coming up though Terran NPC traders are flocking to the complex like Teladi to profitsss.

Flavor Packs, Vita Kai, Ice, and C-rations stations don't seem to be able to be available for purchase (Carbo cake fabs are for sale for some reason); so there's not much I can do about those. Hull plating seems to be utterly useless since Terran Repair Lasers aren't available. (I went and modded repair lasers in but still) Terrans don't seem to use silicon at all so I guess it makes sense that they don't have a silicon mine.

Lastly, if someone destroys the stations that can't be built at all since their construction kits don't exist (Particularly Ghoul Fabs and Aldrin Prototype Wep Fabs), will GoD be able to replace them?
Last edited by Echofinder on Tue, 19. Feb 13, 03:08, edited 1 time in total.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Tue, 19. Feb 13, 03:02

I hope someone who really knows answers this question. I have a pretty solid understanding of what moves the algorithm to take stations OUT, but I've never seen a real detailed analysis of what factors move it to put them IN.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 19. Feb 13, 11:37

My best guess, carried over from X3TC, is that where there is plentiful cheap and close supply of all the resources and a potential demand for the products close by, then GoD and the RNG might consider building an appropriate race factory. It is far, far more likely to be one that was previously destroyed than a completely new one. The selection of similar products for new builds (eg which missile or laser forge all using common resources) does not always make sense considering what other factories already exist or are missing.

Since X3AP sees far less (if any) GoD factory removals compared to X3TC, I would assume that GoD builds must be very scarce unless they are replacements for factories previously destroyed by hostile action. I would also assume that different rules apply in War sectors.

There are also different rules for mine stations which do not need an extant asteroid for GoD to build one.

This is all my observation and speculation. To give a definitive answer would require knowledge of the game mechanics and coding and might be considered a spoiler or immersion breaker.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Tue, 19. Feb 13, 13:39

See comments in this thread, above.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=333374

<But note that the linked thread is about X3TC and not X3AP. Alan Phipps>

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”