How can I get the XML files listing the races, sectors, etc. that make up the X3: Alb

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

spilth

How can I get the XML files listing the races, sectors, etc. that make up the X3: Alb

Post by spilth » Wed, 20. Feb 13, 02:29

I'm working on a database for X3 as a programming exercise and would prefer to extract information from the game rather than do manual data entry.

I found a project on GitHub that has a few files of interest: https://github.com/kayahr/xadrian/tree/ ... /data/x3ap

I'm wondering where these files came from and if there are others listing more information? The trick is that I'm on a Mac and there doesn't seem to be any mod tools available for it. I do have Windows running via BootCamp but I bought the game through the App Store, so no Steam multi-OS action for me.

Here's my code for those that are interested - it's a Rails app: https://github.com/spilth/x3apdb

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 20. Feb 13, 05:06

Xadrian: Downloadable Factory Complex Calculator calculates factories required to build a closed-loop complex.

The main modding tool for X3 is X3 Editor 2. It allows you to easily extract game files so that you can edit them.

Most game files can be edited with any good text/xml editor. Scripts, however, require a specialized editor made for the job. Use the in-game Script Editor, X-Studio Script Editor, or Exscriptor. Certainly bootcamp would work for them if Crossover is insufficient.

Plugin Manager and X3 Editor can easily run in a Crossover "bottle". I don't know about X-Studio or Exscriptor -- you would have to experiment to see whether one of them could also run in a bottle.

Instructions and support for Mac modding are on this thread: Ultimate Guide to X3 Mods for Mac (icEPiraka).

spilth

Post by spilth » Wed, 20. Feb 13, 14:55

Thank you. I will give the "bottled" version of X3 Editor 2 a try.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”