Did I just catch a lucky pirate?!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

aXeldk
x3tc

Did I just catch a lucky pirate?!

Post by aXeldk » Thu, 21. Feb 13, 22:12

Okay I went out in a kestrel to take a look at the pirate sectors to see how mad they are on me after a few protect station and patrol sector missions killing loads of pirates..

So I walse into Acquisition Repository where a pirate base is about 90 km off the gate... the pirate base was blue but the laser towers were red.. so I just aproached to see if the mission there was a station hack

And that it was! I choosed Plasma Burst Generator forge Alpha in Lookmankstrats Legacy and then when I got there the station was full of 10 pbg BINGO! and on top of that I got another station hack at the plasma forge offering me to hack the incendiary bomb launcher forge right next to it :P

On top of that I got deliver some ore and other trade missions from the pirates :D so I just got a handfull of pirate guns plus a good rep increase with the pirates without killing anything :D 8)
Life is difficult for the marine stored in the hold of an unaware player

ApatheticEthic
x3tc

Post by ApatheticEthic » Thu, 21. Feb 13, 22:30

That's really lucky. I'm wishing I hadn't used pirates for target practice right about now. I had to put up some lasertowers to keep them off my freighters, so no PBGs for me.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Thu, 21. Feb 13, 22:31

Guess you struck lucky.
It happens similar sometimes for me,but never when I most want it to :(

aXeldk
x3tc

Post by aXeldk » Thu, 21. Feb 13, 22:51

Well I for one have never ever used station or sector patrols or anything at all to protect my plexes. so I never get any kills that would make me loose repitation besides the ship I fly myself and the targets I choose from there

haha Well I just got myself a bear after harvesting no less than 10 pbg and 10 ibl :D
Life is difficult for the marine stored in the hold of an unaware player

Kelvhan Amaratharr
x3tc

Post by Kelvhan Amaratharr » Fri, 22. Feb 13, 13:23

Well I try to maintain a deliberate good policy towards anyone. So far I am on excellent terms with all the races except Khaak and Xenon of course. The Yaki act out as excellent trade partners and provide a safe heaven for me in theis sectors and - though difficult it may be - I try to keep good relations with the pirates also. During doing corporate missions for OTAS, Atreus and JSDD my rep with pirates dropped heavily so now I try to build stations for them and the bases are all blue for me. Only in Veil of Delusion one M2 keeps renitently aggressive as well as a M2 and a Nemesis in the Duke's sector whilst the bases and another M2 in Veil of Delusion still are my friends. Will see how that turns out.

ApatheticEthic
x3tc

Post by ApatheticEthic » Fri, 22. Feb 13, 21:15

Kelvhan Amaratharr wrote:Well I try to maintain a deliberate good policy towards anyone. So far I am on excellent terms with all the races except Khaak and Xenon of course. The Yaki act out as excellent trade partners and provide a safe heaven for me in theis sectors and - though difficult it may be - I try to keep good relations with the pirates also. During doing corporate missions for OTAS, Atreus and JSDD my rep with pirates dropped heavily so now I try to build stations for them and the bases are all blue for me. Only in Veil of Delusion one M2 keeps renitently aggressive as well as a M2 and a Nemesis in the Duke's sector whilst the bases and another M2 in Veil of Delusion still are my friends. Will see how that turns out.
If you keep friendly relations with everyone, then who's left when you want to fight? The main races are out because they're too good as trade partners. The Yaki can be completely friendly to the player, which is helpful. The terrans are alright as targets, but make better friends. What you have left are the Xenon and Pirates.

Some pirates will always be hostile. In addition, they also destroy freighters and stations. Even if you're best buds with them, they'll hurt your trade a little bit. The only way they're ever useful is as a source for PBGs.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Fri, 22. Feb 13, 21:52

I put a hulk of a ship in every pirate base I run across. Add CLS software and give it one waypoint 'fly to' pirate base, sell spacefuel max cargo, sell spaceweed max cargo. Then I add the hulk to the waypoints of a couple small speedy ships specifically set for the purpose of filling these hulks a few units at a time with the goods. The pirate base is kept constantly full by the hulk (cleverly renamed 'Jolly Roger's Bar and Grill') since it sells every time they use some. The steady trickle of trade with the pirates seems to offset the inevitable conflicts between the always angry pirates and my patrols, so the blue pirates stay blue.

Small ships do the actual moving of the goods because if a CLS pilot gets scanned he just dumps cargo, and that way I only lose five units. It also keeps the inventory in the hulk from building up too much...eventually the pirate base will likely get demolished and the hulk with any inventory it has will go along with it.

Kelvhan Amaratharr
x3tc

Post by Kelvhan Amaratharr » Sun, 24. Feb 13, 09:28

ApatheticEthic wrote:
Kelvhan Amaratharr wrote:Well I try to maintain a deliberate good policy towards anyone. So far I am on excellent terms with all the races except Khaak and Xenon of course. The Yaki act out as excellent trade partners and provide a safe heaven for me in theis sectors and - though difficult it may be - I try to keep good relations with the pirates also. During doing corporate missions for OTAS, Atreus and JSDD my rep with pirates dropped heavily so now I try to build stations for them and the bases are all blue for me. Only in Veil of Delusion one M2 keeps renitently aggressive as well as a M2 and a Nemesis in the Duke's sector whilst the bases and another M2 in Veil of Delusion still are my friends. Will see how that turns out.
If you keep friendly relations with everyone, then who's left when you want to fight? The main races are out because they're too good as trade partners. The Yaki can be completely friendly to the player, which is helpful. The terrans are alright as targets, but make better friends. What you have left are the Xenon and Pirates.

Some pirates will always be hostile. In addition, they also destroy freighters and stations. Even if you're best buds with them, they'll hurt your trade a little bit. The only way they're ever useful is as a source for PBGs.
Well for fighting I pay the Xenon or the Khaak a visit from time to time, but I try to put up a privateer empire like in the X2 book "Rogue's Testament". So at first I need to be polite to get my feet on the ground and grow slowly. After I beat up Pirates quite badly druring some of the corporate missions I afterwards help them by building stations for them to get my rep up again.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”