Terran Conflict vs Albion Prelude ... plots?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

DamnNamesAlwaysTaken
x3ap

Terran Conflict vs Albion Prelude ... plots?

Post by DamnNamesAlwaysTaken » Sat, 23. Feb 13, 19:53

OK .. here's the deal.
I've been playing the X games for a long time but about the time TC wa released I had other RL issues and didn't do much gaming.

I've just now purchased TC and AP.

Questions are ...

They run as seperate games, do I need to run TC first then play AP?
Or can I run through the TC plots as normal while playing the AP version?

I'm a bit lost in the AP plot line .... doesn't make any sense to me why the terrans are enemies to argon etc. ... Is this because I've 'skipped' the TC plots?

It's been some time but I seem to recall the last X game the terrans basically showed up and 'saved the day' at the end.

My AP game is stuck at the moment ... was doing the "Jofferco(sp?) headquarters under attack" mission but there are no orbital lasers to destroy so it's stuck for now.
Anyone familiar with this bug?
I have a few custom ships installed so it could be a conflict there.
Entering System: Argon Prime
*BOOM* Arrrg!
You Have Lost Reputation

ApatheticEthic
x3tc

Post by ApatheticEthic » Sat, 23. Feb 13, 19:59

I have the stream version, but I just have to run AP with TC installed for it to work.

There were a couple plotlines in TC that showed tension between the Argon and the Terrans, but the video you see when starting AP basically shows the cause. An Argon blew up the Earth Torus, so the Terrans go to war.

Are you sure the orbital lasers aren't just outside sensor range?

Zaitsev
x4

Re: Terran Conflict vs Albion Prelude ... plots?

Post by Zaitsev » Sat, 23. Feb 13, 20:29

DamnNamesAlwaysTaken wrote:I'm a bit lost in the AP plot line .... doesn't make any sense to me why the terrans are enemies to argon etc. ... Is this because I've 'skipped' the TC plots?
No, according to the lore they became enemies because Saya Kho, an Argon secret agent, destroyed the Earth Torus because she feared Earth would defeat the Argon. With the Torus destroyed, the whole thing turned into an open war.
DamnNamesAlwaysTaken wrote:It's been some time but I seem to recall the last X game the terrans basically showed up and 'saved the day' at the end.
That would have been Reunion, not TC. In the X-universe, TC takes place three years after Reunion ended.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Dog G6
x3ap

Re: Terran Conflict vs Albion Prelude ... plots?

Post by Dog G6 » Wed, 27. Feb 13, 00:19

Zaitsev wrote:
DamnNamesAlwaysTaken wrote:I'm a bit lost in the AP plot line .... doesn't make any sense to me why the terrans are enemies to argon etc. ... Is this because I've 'skipped' the TC plots?
No, according to the lore they became enemies because Saya Kho, an Argon secret agent, destroyed the Earth Torus because she feared Earth would defeat the Argon. With the Torus destroyed, the whole thing turned into an open war.
DamnNamesAlwaysTaken wrote:It's been some time but I seem to recall the last X game the terrans basically showed up and 'saved the day' at the end.
That would have been Reunion, not TC. In the X-universe, TC takes place three years after Reunion ended.
Also, Saya Kho was a character in Reunion, but the trailer Saya and the Reunion Saya seem way different.
I want a sandwhich... no, nevermind. Well, I mean, you know... maybe... nah... okay yes.

X3 Journal Index (Includes links to all parts of my journals and guides)

DERP Stock Trading Guide [Version 1.4.5, updated 02/17/13.] DERP Humble Merchant Guide [Version 1.1]

/\ ________ /\ Ubersmilez

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”