Painting ships at my headquarters doesn't seem to be working?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ApatheticEthic
x3tc

Painting ships at my headquarters doesn't seem to be working?

Post by ApatheticEthic » Mon, 25. Feb 13, 17:46

So I haven't played around with painting ships before, so I thought it was time to try, but the colors of my ships stay the same even when I change the hue. The game says the hue of the ship has changed, but it's still the same color. Am I doing something wrong here?

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Mon, 25. Feb 13, 18:35

When you start the game, in the graphics options there is the option: "Ship Colour Variations".

Do you have that turned on?
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

ApatheticEthic
x3tc

Post by ApatheticEthic » Mon, 25. Feb 13, 19:35

I see the option, but it won't let me turn it on.

Edit: Nevermind. I had turned the graphics options lower to get better fps in some sectors. Thanks for the help.

aXeldk
x3tc

Post by aXeldk » Wed, 27. Feb 13, 08:56

I wish there was a way to actually see the final paint job before you undock :P

I almost blasted my personal fighter out of the sky when I saw it had turned pink :evil:
Life is difficult for the marine stored in the hold of an unaware player

monze
x4

Post by monze » Mon, 27. May 13, 17:01

I have been trying for ages to get this paint working. I have checked the Ship Colour Variations and that box is ticked, my Video card is pretty good and all the colour settings are on high. I read that one can't paint Boron craft, so that's ok...I have sufficient items in the PHQ that is required for construction of a ship. Do I need certain items in the PHQ to paint?

I'm not sure what I am doing wrong.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 27. May 13, 17:07

Which ships are you trying to colour?
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

monze
x4

Post by monze » Mon, 27. May 13, 17:17

I have tried to colour the M2 Terran, ATF, the Vidar and some argon ships. Are you suggesting that there are only certain ships in the other races that can be coloured? Damn lol

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Mon, 27. May 13, 17:39

As far as I can remember, Terran has little to change.
and Boron you can't change.

But I have see some interesting Aran's

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Mon, 27. May 13, 17:42

aXeldk wrote:I wish there was a way to actually see the final paint job before you undock :P

I almost blasted my personal fighter out of the sky when I saw it had turned pink :evil:
You can if you use the model viewer, I don't think it's been updated to work for AP though... :D

Solomon Short
x4

Post by Solomon Short » Mon, 27. May 13, 18:50

To use the Models viewer with AP, copy the cat/dat files from "Addon" to "Mods", the viewer will show them as "Mod1" to "Mod3", the new ships will sometimes have internal ids as names rather than in-game names (they'll also be highlighted in pink).

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Mon, 27. May 13, 19:08

monze wrote:I have tried to colour the M2 Terran, ATF, the Vidar and some argon ships. Are you suggesting that there are only certain ships in the other races that can be coloured? Damn lol
Sadly Terran and Paranid ships are the worse to try to colour. The best by far are the Split ships.

monze
x4

Post by monze » Tue, 28. May 13, 01:22

Thank you very much to you all. My goal was to have my fleet in a distinctive colour, but that's not going to happen. At least I know it wasn't me doing anything wrong. Again, thank you

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”