Dragonfly vs Hurricane

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

samoja

Dragonfly vs Hurricane

Post by samoja » Sat, 2. Mar 13, 21:22

I fly Advanced Discoverer, i like its wide choice of missiles for M5, i am not sure if i should use Dragonfly or Hurricane for M4 killers, i am severely leaning towards Dragonfly, it is slower and packs a little less punch but i can carry 3 of them in the same space as one Hurricane, i never had a Dragonfly be too slow on me before(while i was flying regular Discoverer, and had far lesser choice of missiles) indeed it always hits home, and once first one hit home the target is often damaged enough to be siting duck for my main guns. I also have a steady supply of Dragonfly from a nearby Boron factory(that does not seem to sell at all) where i would have to search for hurricane. wiki says "The Hurricane is a choice weapon for dealing with smaller targets." but honestly i cant see the advantage.
PS:Dragonfly is also a lot cheaper.

Kirlack
x3tc

Post by Kirlack » Sat, 2. Mar 13, 21:34

Yeah, I'd say Dragonfly, given your ship and situation. If you were flying something bigger with a decent sized cargo bay I might recommend the Hurricane, but as it stands I think the smaller missile is the best choice.

ApatheticEthic
x3tc

Post by ApatheticEthic » Sat, 2. Mar 13, 23:22

The dragonfly is better for slower M5s. I'd advise you not to get too dependent on that factory though. The game engine likes to delete factories that don't see much traffic.

samoja

Post by samoja » Sun, 3. Mar 13, 00:14

Thanks guys, actually, i never saw an infamous GOD at work, and it is a complex for 3 missiles anyway, other two types sell ok.

Aragosnat
x4

Post by Aragosnat » Mon, 4. Mar 13, 23:34

Yeah. The dragon fly is one of those missles that does not have any place that buys them if I remember right. Which easily explains the lack of buyers. I have enjoyed the fact I can get them at or near the rock bottom prices with out ever needing to own a foctory.
Chain Maille Armor
Profitzz
May this spacefly bother you.
[ external image ]
TC: 32+ Squidie (Steam DiD) deaths and counting since around June 18, 2012.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”