X3TC: Manually Operated Remote Traders (MORTs) not using jumpdrive?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Invisible Hand
x3

X3TC: Manually Operated Remote Traders (MORTs) not using jumpdrive?

Post by Invisible Hand » Mon, 4. Mar 13, 09:45

How do I get my MORTs to use their jumpdrive in X3TC?

I have equipped them (TS transporters) with a jumpdrive and gave them 1000 e-cells. They also have a trading system extension, trading software MK1 & MK2, navigation software, and special software (other TS transporters even have Best Buy and Best Sell locators but that didn't seem to make a difference). Also, my TS transporter was a little more than 2 sectors away from either station, and both stations are slightly more than 2 sectors away from each other. After activating the "Manual Trade Run" command they crawl through the jumpgates instead of using their jumpdrives.

I've used MORTs often in X3R when they were able to use their jumpdrives just fine. I don't know why I can't get them to do the same in X3TC. According to the MORT guide, they should function very similarly in both X3R and X3TC.

Any advice?

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Mon, 4. Mar 13, 09:59

Set the autojump settings in the ship's command console--those work for any manual commands you give the ship (e.g. not for Mk 3 traders--not sure about CAG and CLS). You need to ensure manually that you have enough e-cells on board to make the jump.

Kirlack
x3tc

Post by Kirlack » Mon, 4. Mar 13, 10:25

Yeah, pj is correct. Set the autojump to yes and range to 0. Then when you give your MORT the command 'fly to sector' it will auto jump to the gate nearest the sector it was in.

Invisible Hand
x3

Post by Invisible Hand » Mon, 4. Mar 13, 21:39

Thanks a lot guys. It solved my issue.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Mon, 4. Mar 13, 22:22

pjknibbs wrote:(e.g. not for Mk 3 traders--not sure about CAG and CLS).
CLS has its own internal jump drive settings. CAG probably does too, but I'm not sure on that one either.

Side note, the jump settings in the command console even apply when you are on the ship. Couple examples...

If you are flying along and click on a gate, then click on 'fly through' and your auto jump range is set to zero your ship will jump through that gate to the next sector.

If you open the universe map, pick some sector, then click on a station and choose 'dock at' your ship will jump to that sector. Same if you click on a ship and choose 'follow' or 'attack'.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”