Help finding directory in Albion Prelude

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

rich1

Help finding directory in Albion Prelude

Post by rich1 » Mon, 4. Mar 13, 12:12

Hi, I’m new to modding and I like to install a few extra ships into the game. I’ve enabled the script editor installed cycrow’s mod installer and found a few ships I like. However when I try to install them I get the following: (there are currently no valid directories to install to) can anyone help as I cant find the where A P is in Program files. I’m running Albion Prelude Terran war pack (disk set) on windows 7

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 4. Mar 13, 12:18

The X3AP directory is called "addon" and can be found within the X3TC main directory, by default C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\X3 Terran Conflict\addon.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Free Trade Inn
x3tc

Post by Free Trade Inn » Sat, 10. Aug 13, 18:10

Sick of trying to improve my Terran rep so Im cheating.
I have followed the same advice and cant find AP in addon.

Please help

FTI
You can be cool, or you can be nasty, but as soon as you are one, you are not the other.
FTI

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 10. Aug 13, 18:46

The "addon" directory is the X3AP directory!
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Free Trade Inn
x3tc

Post by Free Trade Inn » Sat, 10. Aug 13, 19:00

When I click on it I get a unable to locate X3.exe/X2.exe

FTI
You can be cool, or you can be nasty, but as soon as you are one, you are not the other.
FTI

OOZ662
x4

Post by OOZ662 » Sun, 11. Aug 13, 00:46

Free Trade Inn wrote:When I click on it I get a unable to locate X3.exe/X2.exe
Going by defaults, the EXE itself is C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\X3 Terran Conflict\X3AP.exe
The data files that make up AP are in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\X3 Terran Conflict\addon\
When running AP, it first loads the .cat/.dat pairs of X3TC, then adds the ones in ..\addon\ to it. Then it loads the scripts, tfiles, and other assets in ..\addon\. This means if you add mods to your TC install, it'll probably break AP.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”