Jumpdrive autotrader mod?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Divine Shadow
x2

Jumpdrive autotrader mod?

Post by Divine Shadow » Wed, 6. Mar 13, 03:46

Back in X2 i had a script called the Jumpdrive Autotrader.

You would select a ship and run the script and immediately the ship would buy some energy cells and instantly jump to a station to buy goods then instantly jump to another station to sell the goods.

It would ONLY use the jumpdrive for everything it would never *fly* not even for a few minutes every time the ship moved it was using the jumpdrive.

You never received ANY messages from the ship you never needed to maintain the ship you never needed to reassign the script ever again it just took care of itself.

There no payments to captain of the ship it just used your money to make money.

Does anybody know of a script like this for X3?

Im aware of the Trade Extension MK3 but as far as im concerned its totally useless for the following reasons:
* It fails most of the time and you have to restart it
* You get annoying messages from it
* Your ship gets blown up in transit
* It fails to use jumpdrive 90% of the time
* the list goes on.... I find this script to be very poor and too annoying to consider using i dont mind paying the 500k for a script that works however

So does anybody know of a script that does what i want? key points are:
* It works
* It doesnt spam you messages
* It uses jumpdrive for every transit
* It never *stops* and you have to activate it again
* It never gets *blown* up by enemies since it use its jumpdrive!
* You can turn it on and forget about it and be happy knowing its doing its job

Thanks!
-Down with the Split !!!!!
-Rolk's asteroid :P :lol:

RoverTX
x4

Post by RoverTX » Wed, 6. Mar 13, 03:49

I don't know of any scripts, but...

Just a qualifying point, MK3 only uses jump drives after about level 8 or so.

Which is about the point where you can stop baby sitting them. So at that point you shouldn't have to reset them every three seconds, they wont really bother you that much, and they should use it 100% of the time.
Last edited by RoverTX on Wed, 6. Mar 13, 03:52, edited 2 times in total.

Divine Shadow
x2

Post by Divine Shadow » Wed, 6. Mar 13, 03:52

RoverTX wrote:I don't know of any scripts, but...

Just a qualify point, MK3 only uses jump drives after about level 8 or so.

Which is about the point where you can stop baby sitting them. So at that point you shouldn't have to reset them every three seconds, they wont really bother you that much, and they should use it 100% of the time.
Ive tried that and still it fails to use jumpdrive 90% of the time and the script often *fails* with some dumb message like *couldn't find something to buy* and you have to restart the script........... Or theres some other message why it has to stop working and you have to restart it...

Also my ships still get blown up be random enemies even after MK3 is on high level and should be using jumpdrive....

Its just not doing for it me.

RoverTX
x4

Post by RoverTX » Wed, 6. Mar 13, 03:53

Another side note

Normal MK3 doesn't jump when being attacked, but the improved script does, and it actually doesn't help all that much in that regard, because they are so weak it really doesn't matter that much...

I have had about 50 or so MK3 ships running the improved version, and they still get nailed by pirates or Xenon out of sector, because they get killed before they able to finish the jump sequence.

Edit: Which means unless you want to give them instant jump then there isn't much you can do.
Last edited by RoverTX on Wed, 6. Mar 13, 03:56, edited 2 times in total.

Divine Shadow
x2

Post by Divine Shadow » Wed, 6. Mar 13, 03:55

RoverTX wrote:Another side note

Normal MK3 doesn't jump when being attacked, but the improved script does, and it actually doesn't help all that much in that regard, because they are so weak it really doesn't matter that much...

I have had about 50 or so MK3 ships running the improved version, and they still get nailed by pirates or Xenon out of sector, because they get killed before they able to finish the jump sequence.
The X2 script was smarter than that and it would actively avoid enemies.

(also what is the improved version?)

RoverTX
x4

Post by RoverTX » Wed, 6. Mar 13, 03:56

You can blacklist sectors and stations if you have the bonus pack installed, but thats as far as your going to be able to go. There is to much going on for the MK3s to jump out of a sector because one bad guy was in sector.

Divine Shadow
x2

Post by Divine Shadow » Wed, 6. Mar 13, 03:58

RoverTX wrote:You can blacklist sectors and stations if you have the bonus pack installed, but thats as far as your going to be able to go. There is to much going on for the MK3s to jump out of a sector because one bad guy was in sector.
One of the problems is the MK3 often jumps into sector and *crawls* its way to a station and gets blown up on way there.......

Where as the X2 script would jump and land right next to the station and simply creep inside (in like 1 second) then leave and teleport next to next station

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 6. Mar 13, 16:39

MK3 Improvement solves nearly all problems with Mk3's. It makes them work the way that they should have worked from the beginning.
  • (If there are any (reproduceable) open issues then report them to gnasirator. He is very good about fixing problems. Also this is a very good time to report issues because gnasirator has submitted the script for possible signing.)

Free Jump for AI's further improves safety of all player ships by allowing a "free" jump when the ship is under attack or when it runs out of jump fuel.

Divine Shadow
x2

Post by Divine Shadow » Thu, 7. Mar 13, 14:42

DrBullwinkle wrote:MK3 Improvement solves nearly all problems with Mk3's. It makes them work the way that they should have worked from the beginning.
  • (If there are any (reproduceable) open issues then report them to gnasirator. He is very good about fixing problems. Also this is a very good time to report issues because gnasirator has submitted the script for possible signing.)

Free Jump for AI's further improves safety of all player ships by allowing a "free" jump when the ship is under attack or when it runs out of jump fuel.
Hmmm looks like with a few personal modifications to MK3 Improved i can get the sort of script i wanted hehe.

BTW does anybody happen to have a copy of the old X2 jumpdrive trader? Its website doesnt seem to exist anymore but then again X2 is very old.... Im only interested in X2 scripts for collection purposes lol.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”