X BTF/Tension - Logitech X3D Pro Question

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

XTCStorm
x3tc

X BTF/Tension - Logitech X3D Pro Question

Post by XTCStorm » Wed, 6. Mar 13, 08:26

I recently purchased the X Superbox after playing X3TC for awhile. Having a great time starting from the beginning, but I can't get full function from my Logitech X3D Pro stick. Even with Use Throttle checked in the options the throttle doesn't respond and I am also getting no response from buttons 11 and 12.

I haven't found anything in the provided joystick profile software to help. :(

I understand this is an older game and the X3D Pro may not be backwards-compatible, but if anybody can help me get it set up I would be very gratefull. :)

Also is it intended for this game to have a sort of 'input lag'? For example - If I use the stick to roll on axis it takes a couple seconds to get to the full turning speed. When I release, it takes a couple of seconds to stop rolling. This happens for pitch and yaw as well.

If this is to simulate the 'feeling' of the ship having to counter it's own inertial forces in turning manuevers, I'm O.K. with it, but if it's intended for the control response to be a little more 'immediate' I'd like to know if there's anything I can do to fix it.

It almost reminds me of a Smithsonian Museum Space Shuttle exhibit I saw 25 years ago where operating a mechanical arm via joystick required accounting for 2 seconds of lag in the input/response time. LOL

Thanx

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Wed, 6. Mar 13, 16:17

I'm having the same problem with my Microsoft Sidewinder Precision Pro.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

XTCStorm
x3tc

Post by XTCStorm » Sun, 10. Mar 13, 14:41

So... I'm guessing that after 4 days with no response, there is no way to configure the X3D Pro, or it's not worth anyone's time to answer.....

vr01
x4

Post by vr01 » Mon, 11. Mar 13, 13:21

Well you are talking about a game that is over 6 years old...

Have you checked to makes sure the joystick is responding correctly in windows? Wouldn't hurt to recalibrate it whilst you are there.

Flight response is different between X3:R and X3:TC but I can't remember how different because it has been so long since I last played X3:R.

XTCStorm
x3tc

Post by XTCStorm » Mon, 11. Mar 13, 16:52

The stick works fine with all my other games.

I know the game is old, but I was hoping that since the X series has such a large and obviously dedicated fan base, that maybe there'd be somebody who could help.

I'm ok with the flight physics as they are. I'm really more concerned about finding a way to get my throttle and the other two buttons working with the game.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 11. Mar 13, 17:45

I'm not really the right person to help with joystick-related problems, but do any of these FAQ entries help?

Regarding the Sidewinder, Microsoft stopped issuing updates for the drivers for that a long time ago, and as far as I can remember it's never worked with more recent DirectX versions (even those used in older X series games).

XTCStorm
x3tc

Post by XTCStorm » Tue, 12. Mar 13, 20:41

OK thanks. The FAQ I'm pretty sure is good enough for an answer.

I still enjoy the game, and intend to play through the entire X series - at least long enough to get the story missions done. Then I'll probably play TC or AP in a more casual 'see how rich I can get' mode.

If anybody does find a feasible workaround to getting the throttle on the X3DPro to work, I'd love to hear it. The accel/deccel hotkeys are pretty innacurate.

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”