Placing the PHQ... In the HUB?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Braekyn
x3ap

Placing the PHQ... In the HUB?

Post by Braekyn » Sat, 9. Mar 13, 03:34

Is this problematic? For me, it seems to make sense - I can always link my PHQ to any sector which has resources I need. The only hazards being a lack of mines in-sector, and if I do end up deciding to turn the HUB into a Xenon apocalypse, it may very well get caught in the crossfire. Anyone tried this before? How'd it work out?

ApatheticEthic
x3tc

Post by ApatheticEthic » Sat, 9. Mar 13, 04:13

If you're worried about it, you can just place a lot of lasertowers. I wouldn't recommend inviting the Xenon in anyway as I think they'll shoot at the hub too. But yeah. The Hub sector works just fine. The only real problem I've had is when my trade ships decided to sell me wares at my PHQ. I just jacked up prices in that case.

RoverTX
x4

Post by RoverTX » Sat, 9. Mar 13, 04:53

I always end up placing the PHQ in the HUB sector.

Place is directly below the HUB, about half way below the equator. Everything can still dock fine, but traffic wont run into it.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sat, 9. Mar 13, 05:36

Not much room for the Terran PHQ , but many avoid the traffic problem by also placing the CW PHQ up-side-down.

The main advantage of the PHQ in the Hub is that it can be linked to any sector ,almost any time you wish.

The Iron Duke
x3tc

Post by The Iron Duke » Sat, 9. Mar 13, 12:45

?What's the Terran HQ?
Different form the normal one awarded?
"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God, they frighten me." (Sir Athur Wellesley, viewng the Connaught Rangers, eve of Waterloo.)

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sat, 9. Mar 13, 13:29

Yes,in AP the PHQ is Terran design with more room for storage...both in terms of ships and warehousing ! :D

ThommoHawk
x4

Post by ThommoHawk » Sat, 9. Mar 13, 17:21

I was tempted to put a HQ into the control hub (X3TC), except for one thing:
Each time I'm in the hub I notice that my graphic card fans go ape. Fans speed up to max, card under load, (I prefer native resolution and to have graphic settings at max, which would have something to do with it). The moment I leave the hub the fans slow down again... knowing I'd be spending a fair bit of time mucking around my HQ, I thought nah, couldn't be bothered working my card that hard all the time, so put my HQ elsewhere. Currenty running a GTX 560Ti limited edition, but was the same story with my old GTX 275 ... Have not gone into the hub in AP yet so don't know if it would be the same story there...

I tend to go for an unclutered sector for my HQ placement though and never build complexes in the same sector due to framerate drops which can make the HQ experience less than satisfactory...
[XTrilogy]: Holy Argnu cows! I have found it! An asteroid of pure ore - 100% - I am rich! Now, I just need to find one like that made from silicon. hmmm, where do I want to go today?
X REBIRTH? "JUST A TOURIST until X4 IS RELEASED! Because That SUPERNOVA sure went FUBAR" (Quoting T.Hawk. Read all about it at: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=353678) :x3:

Braekyn
x3ap

Post by Braekyn » Mon, 11. Mar 13, 16:29

Placed it in the HUB, no issues encountered so far. One thing I noticed was that at first, where I had a Paranid Prime-Empires Edge, Heretics End-Omicron Lyrae, and a Montalaar-Home of Light connection, the HUB turned into a warzone of races, all of whom I was friendly with. This left me with a massive supply of missiles and other wares which I have a ship collecting. But for some reason, this soon died off, and not pretty well only transports come through - Is this because the races learned that everything they sent through was going to die, and thus they avoid it, or some other reason?

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Mon, 11. Mar 13, 18:07

Braekyn wrote:Placed it in the HUB, no issues encountered so far. One thing I noticed was that at first, where I had a Paranid Prime-Empires Edge, Heretics End-Omicron Lyrae, and a Montalaar-Home of Light connection, the HUB turned into a warzone of races, all of whom I was friendly with. This left me with a massive supply of missiles and other wares which I have a ship collecting. But for some reason, this soon died off, and not pretty well only transports come through - Is this because the races learned that everything they sent through was going to die, and thus they avoid it, or some other reason?
I suspect they just lost interest in the fight...temporarily...due to the military getting somewhat thinned out. They should be back after a while. Or you can shift the gates around to some fresh crowds and suck them in.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Mon, 11. Mar 13, 18:08

Braekyn wrote:Placed it in the HUB, no issues encountered so far. One thing I noticed was that at first, where I had a Paranid Prime-Empires Edge, Heretics End-Omicron Lyrae, and a Montalaar-Home of Light connection, the HUB turned into a warzone of races, all of whom I was friendly with. This left me with a massive supply of missiles and other wares which I have a ship collecting. But for some reason, this soon died off, and not pretty well only transports come through - Is this because the races learned that everything they sent through was going to die, and thus they avoid it, or some other reason?
I suspect they just lost interest in the fight...temporarily...due to the military getting somewhat thinned out. They should be back after a while. Or you can shift the gates around to some fresh crowds and suck them in.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”