My ships won't use their missiles! Help Please! [XRM]

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ender_Xenocide
x3ap

My ships won't use their missiles! Help Please! [XRM]

Post by Ender_Xenocide » Sat, 9. Mar 13, 20:12

Hi everyone, I'm having a problem on Terran Conflict (latest version). I have a wing of around 10 Argon Centaurs, which I plan to grow to around 30, and their main ammunition-based armament is (supposed to be) Hornet missiles. I've been testing this wing out on a couple of pirate capships in Split Fire only to discover that they happily waste Hornets on m4s and m3s (which they can waste anyway), but they never fire a single one a m7s or bigger! This is quite a problem, as 10 Centaurs carrying 30+ Hornets each (fire probability = 100%) should annihilate capships with no losses at all.

I'm suspecting that this is because the AI considers Hornets low-yield anti-heavy fighter/corvette munition, but since I have FOUR player HQs pumping out Centaurs, a capped Aran fully kitted out to carry them, and a complex of TEN missile factories producing+-360 Hornets/hour, I'm REALLY hoping this is not the case! :cry: If there's something simple I'm missing or, if necessary, a mod that will fix this, please tell me!

I should mention that I'm running XRM, but I thought I should post this here anyway as it seems to me to be a core AI issue. Hope I'm right. :?:
When Carl Marx said "Religion is the opiate of the masses.", he hadn't seen television.

vr01
x4

Post by vr01 » Sun, 10. Mar 13, 12:28

It most likely has something to do with XRM because it totally changes the game. Best of asking your question in the XRM thread in Scripts & Modding...

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 10. Mar 13, 13:04

Correct, but in the meantime can anyone confirm or deny this AI fighter/Hornet target-related behaviour in vanilla X3TC?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Ender_Xenocide
x3ap

Post by Ender_Xenocide » Sun, 10. Mar 13, 22:11

Thanks guys. Will try the XRM thread.
When Carl Marx said "Religion is the opiate of the masses.", he hadn't seen television.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”