[TC] ghoul missile complex?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Adarksoul

[TC] ghoul missile complex?

Post by Adarksoul » Fri, 15. Mar 13, 02:44

so i had to "add" a few terran fabs to the TUS1 shipyard (way it should of been) but i am having trouble with both xadrians and the online complex calculator since those factories are not on their lists. anyone have a solution?

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Fri, 15. Mar 13, 05:16

Sounds like a modding question.

However, , if you add any station to a complex,you can see from one of the menus when there is a shortage of anything ,or if there is an over production.
Might need the bonus scripts to bring it up though,iirc.
You can then add the type of station needed to bring production up,if needed.

Adarksoul

Post by Adarksoul » Fri, 15. Mar 13, 05:37

yes you are right, i originally tried to post in the scripts and modding section but every time i clicked "new topic" i would get redirected to the index. yea i plan on a rather monstrous complex so im trying to make this as painless as possible. but thanks for the reply i guess i will have to a good sit down and think about how to go about this.

Nyito
x4

Post by Nyito » Fri, 15. Mar 13, 09:33

Factories aside from Power Plants and Mines have set consumption values in relation to the factories that produce the resources. Missile fabs all seem to consume the same amount of a given resource per hour, regardless of make. So a Ghoul missile fab should, in theory, consume the same amount of resources as any other Terran missile fab, so for purposes of planning one out in Xadrian's, simply adding extra fabs of any other Terran missile in the numbers of how many Ghoul fabs you intend to include would work fine for balancing the production/consumption of power/ore, and food of course is as simple as basic arithmatic. Missiles fabs consume 1 unit of food, food fabs produce 2 units for M fabs, 5 for L fabs, for purposes of balancing.

On a personal note, and feel free to disregard if you'd rather not use it; but I found balancing food/bio production as needed +1, rather than a perfect 1:1 ratio of production/consumption really helped my large war complexes. Without doing so I had bad stalling issues for quite awhile, with weapons fabs nabbing food the crystal fabs need to keep the energy loop going. Even with such a measure though, it's best to turn your weapons fabs off and let just the ecell loop run for a bit to build up a surplus.

Assigning a CAG to sell resources if they got above 70% or so also helped to turn a little extra profit for that extra production, and ensured I always had plenty of Ecells on hand for fuel at all of complexes, completely eliminating all fuel problems for my personal ships, since free jump fuel was rarely more'n a couple sectors away at most.

Adarksoul

Post by Adarksoul » Sat, 16. Mar 13, 01:43

i noticed that the wraith and ghoul have the same consumption rate but for spectre and maml ammo i cant find an equivalent. so what im thinking is i can just link these these factories up in their own complex and use the above suggestion to balance them out in a closed loop then i can link it to the main complex. yea having a bio/food surplus will save me some micromanagement but i may go with this plan simply because terran space is always starving so might as well lol, yea i know some of you guys would have no problem just building all this in one go but this complex is well over 50 fabs so i have to play it safe.

Condonis

Post by Condonis » Sat, 16. Mar 13, 05:20

I also have Ghoul missile fabs modded into my game. When planning my Terran missile complex (produces Phantom, Shadow, Ghoul and Wraith missiles) I used Wraith missile fabs as a substitute for Ghoul fabs in the various complex calculators. Complex worked a treat.

The Terran weapons complex right next to it (PSP's and SSC's) kept stalling to food issues as Nyito mentioned. So I ended up just joining the two complexes together using L size Terran food fabs as a bridge. Whole complex now has 151 factories and runs smoothly. I can definitely endorse Nyito's suggestion of adding some extra food fabs to your complex, as I've had the same problem on a couple of other complexes as well.

Word of warning... this complex slowed my PC down significantly. Prior to building it, my PC ran butter smooth at SETA 1000% (even with several other large complexes already up and running), afterwards, it stuttered badly even at SETA 600%. I've since overclocked the cpu a bit more and at least it now runs much smoother at SETA 600%. But still not as smooth as before :(
What you may call an exploit, I call a feature.

Nyito
x4

Post by Nyito » Sat, 16. Mar 13, 09:48

To my knowledge, all missile/weapon/ammo fabs have the same baseline consumption per hour. 1 unit of food, 900 Ecells, 150 ore. Consumption per cycle might be different, but that's ultimately irrelevant to balancing out a complex.

For comp performance issues, if you don't want to go modified(though sounds like you already have with adding the previously unbuyable factories), grabbing the vanilla-safe tubeless complex mod, and then building most of the complex 150+ km off the ecliptic, and then bridging towards the center using some food fabs to get the hub in a good spot is a great way to avoid performance issues. The bulk of the complex is just so far away you never see it, and it's so out of the way you never really have any reason to go there and get that performance hit. It does add a small layer of complexity to complex defense though, since you have a 150km long string of factories to defend, rather than just one large cluster of factories.

Condonis

Post by Condonis » Sat, 16. Mar 13, 10:58

Just to clarify, my performance issues occur no matter which sector I am in, not just the sector with the complex in it. Must be a heap of additional calculations going on somewhere in the background.

I'm unaware whether the tubeless mod and building way off the ecliptic also help with OOS performance, as I don't use the tubeless mod and most of my complexes are built behind gates so they don't render when you jump IS (unless I turn around!).
What you may call an exploit, I call a feature.

Nyito
x4

Post by Nyito » Sat, 16. Mar 13, 11:09

To my knowledge, it really shouldn't be the complex causing that kind of an issue, unless maybe it's causing some strange traffic bottleneck of NPCs trying to get to it. In my last game I had 20 or so massive complexes; a 300 factory(total, counting mines, food fabs, etc.) weapons complex, several 50+ fab drug labs around the universe, a 120 fab chip plant, etc. all at once and it didn't cause any kinds of performance issues out of sector.

But that said, I'm not really privy to many of the technical details of the game, and what might be causing that on what kinds of systems, and my comp is fairly high spec, so I may not be the best judge. I just know that, when folks start talking about OOS performance issues, it's usually related to NPC traffic bottlenecking, or things like the Billion Barracuda Bug, that spawns hundreds of useless NPC ships for no reason; usually in some obscure corner of on the universe you never visit.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”