Remote mining issues - AP

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Poacher886
x4

Remote mining issues - AP

Post by Poacher886 » Sat, 16. Mar 13, 13:26

Hello,

Deciding that XR is prob some time away yet, i've decided to re-visit AP to kill the time...

I've decided to equip a mercury with all the necessary stuff for remote mining of ore for my shield factory, this is where im experiencing problems.

I've repeatedly given the command to him to Mine Minerals in x sector, or mine Ore in x sector, and unload at y station, but all he does is fly to the sector and stop.....

I know from previous scanning that there are ore minerals there, so why am i having such trouble with this??

Thanks for any help

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 16. Mar 13, 14:02

The ship needs a mounted weapon (any) to break rocks and the AI cannot break a full-size asteroid (not even with MDS fitted) so if that is all that there are in-sector then the player has to go in and do the initial break of the full asteroid he wants mined with an MDS or a high-yield missile (eg Hornet or Spectre). After that, if sent close enough (fitted scanner range) to the broken asteroid site, then a ship running the mining script for the correct mineral should crack on by itself.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Poacher886
x4

Post by Poacher886 » Sat, 16. Mar 13, 20:57

Thanks, i have only a PAC installed in its ass, i'll check the suitablity of the system for mining again..

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 16. Mar 13, 21:23

A PAC is good enough.

Miners require:
  • A ship capable of carrying XL cargo
  • Special Command Software (Trade Command S/W for "Mine and Trade Minerals")
  • A laser (unless doing Collect Rocks only)
  • A Mineral Scanner
  • An Ore Collector

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 16. Mar 13, 22:27

I think that since the ship accepted the mine command and moved, the most probable issues here are that there are no breakable ore fragments in sector, or if there are then maybe they are outside known space/scanner range of the mining ship on entry.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”