Split from X3AP Plot Guide

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Devastat
x4

Post by Devastat » Sat, 16. Mar 13, 17:56

Maybe a strange question, but what exactly are requirements for the main plot? Started as "humble merchant" did some traiding with terrans, then used scripts to lower my rep with them, the plot is still not starting. Rep with argon is well above "accepted advisor".

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 16. Mar 13, 18:46

@ Devastat: FAQ.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Devastat
x4

Post by Devastat » Sat, 16. Mar 13, 19:02

Thanks, but that still leaves a question, why after loosing terran rep I still don`t have the plot started. Could that be because i used scripts to lower my rep?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 16. Mar 13, 19:07

There is no real way of knowing in that case unless from the relevant dev since I have no idea how the code detects such requirements being met nor what unexpected actions might break the sequence.

I would try playing a bit longer in case there is a built-in delay to check that your reps stay appropriate.

Devastat
x4

Post by Devastat » Sun, 17. Mar 13, 11:41

Found the reason. It appears a mod was responcible, it modified the gamestarts and for some reason disabled the main plot. I thought it was not working at all and didnt think it could affect anything. Had to start from scratch. Hope somebody else will learn from my mistakes. :(

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 17. Mar 13, 12:35

I will split all this out since it does not relate to the vanilla Plot Guide at all.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”