[AP] Some questions about ship capping in AP versus TC

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

modisch

[AP] Some questions about ship capping in AP versus TC

Post by modisch » Wed, 20. Mar 13, 06:35

War... war never changes.

Wait, wrong game.

Anyhow, I'm enjoying the war in AP. But as an Argon, I'm wondering about my ability to acquire certain Terran goodies. Specifically, I'd like to pick up the Springblossom and Spitfyres along with their complement of firepower.

So, do ATF/Terran bail out now? Does a player have a snowball's chance in hell of getting a Spitfyre or ATF Fenrir to bail? Is it feasible to board a Springblossom? Will there be enough (E)EMPCs or (P)M/AMLs found to a ship?

I'm not worried about missiles. I've been finding those a-plenty just scavenging after fights. In fact, I have more Terran missiles on my Argon in AP than my Terran in TC.

Thanks, I appreciate your answers.

-m

Homecsiga

Post by Homecsiga » Wed, 20. Mar 13, 09:08

Hi,

Actually just a few days ago a Splitfiyre bailed. I don§t really know about other but I think you have chance them too.

Regards,
-H-

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Wed, 20. Mar 13, 09:29

In TC, Terran pilots do not have a bail mechanic. At least, that's what I remember reading. Unless that was changed for AP or patched in TC, Terran pilots will not bail.

But, that may not be true for Aldrin pilots, so your chances of acquiring a Springy or a Spitfire are probably good.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 20. Mar 13, 16:54

You can always board a Springblossom; in either TC or AP.

You can also restore your Terran rep. There is nothing preventing you from being on friendly terms with the Terrans. If they hate you, then kill a few Argons in war sectors and they will begin to warm up.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 20. Mar 13, 19:22

Morkonan wrote:In TC, Terran pilots do not have a bail mechanic. At least, that's what I remember reading....
Correction. ATF pilots won't bail in TC, ever (well, except in a specific plot sequence). Terran pilots in TC should bail just like Commonwealth ones, according to their morale levels.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

ApatheticEthic
x3tc

Post by ApatheticEthic » Wed, 20. Mar 13, 20:32

I've tried a bit of capping in AP. You can make terran/atf ships bail, but it seems to be harder than commonwealth or pirates. As for the ships, the best I've seen in a warzone are thors and plenty of cutlasses. I've capped the latter, but I've never seen a fenrir or a spitfyre in a war zone. You'd probably be better off making friends with the terrans if you want their ships.

modisch

Post by modisch » Wed, 20. Mar 13, 21:59

Thanks for the comments. Very helpful. I'll probably ignore their ships and work my way through Commonwealth goodies. And I can always make the Terrans happy later. I'll just try not to sweat it.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”