Equiping AI ships with Silkworms

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

samoja

Equiping AI ships with Silkworms

Post by samoja » Wed, 20. Mar 13, 20:01

I have a boatload of Silkworms, about 2000 or more and i am thinking i would give a few to my sector patrols, maybe even all my M4 and M3 ships, but i am worried they will blast themselves apart with it, you know fire them and have the destroyed in close proximity causing launching ship to sustain damage, can AI ships be trusted with missiles?

Kirlack
x3tc

Post by Kirlack » Wed, 20. Mar 13, 20:25

Depends mainly on the ship in question and the missile being fired. For instance, I wouldn't trust a Mako with a Silkworm, but I'd happily load up an Eclipse with them. Try to match up a decent missile with a ship that can survive a misfire or 2.

samoja

Post by samoja » Wed, 20. Mar 13, 20:40

My force is consisting mainly of Novas and Busters(manufactured an HQ) missile is Silkworm also manufactured.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 20. Mar 13, 20:58

If you're using them for OOS (Out of Sector) patrols, don't bother with missiles. Guns work much better and you don't have to worry about resupply. OOS combat is turn-based and a single missile firing counts as a full turn. Your Novas can get a lot more damage from a full load of HEPT's per firing turn than with a silkworm. Even your Busters will work much better with a load of PAC's.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

samoja

Post by samoja » Wed, 20. Mar 13, 21:28

Nanook wrote:If you're using them for OOS (Out of Sector) patrols, don't bother with missiles. Guns work much better and you don't have to worry about resupply. OOS combat is turn-based and a single missile firing counts as a full turn. Your Novas can get a lot more damage from a full load of HEPT's per firing turn than with a silkworm. Even your Busters will work much better with a load of PAC's.
Thank you that is rely useful info, i was thinking i would bolster them with some missiles but this changes things a lot.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”