X2 TT any way to improve the mouse control?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

X2 TT any way to improve the mouse control?

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Thu, 21. Mar 13, 18:51

I would like to re-play this old good game, however there is one thing I really fear:

The mouse.

It works like this - you move mouse to (example) right, ship starts turning right. But it won´t stop turning to right unless you compensate it by turning to left.

This is extremly annoying. In X3s you turn mouse to right and ship goes right, if you stop moving mouse the ship stops also.

Is there any way or mod/script to remove the need to compensate the mouse move?
All fighters and turrets are completly unplayable thanks to this.

Shadow dream
x3tc

Post by Shadow dream » Thu, 21. Mar 13, 20:33

There is a simple way: Reduce your mouse-sensibility!
I know from logitec, that their mice can be adjusted to different sensibilities. Duno how other brands handle this.

The problem is that X2 (being a little old) it can't hande those "fast" mice. It get's the 'move'-signal, but the mouse says 'stop' so fast, the game can't 'hear' it. Thus in slowing down your mouse this doesn't happen again :)

Shadow
Wahre Gentlemen behalten sogar umzingelt von Löwen ihren Leitsatz: Ladies first.
Wann lernt die Gesellschaft endlich, dass Geld erst die Probleme macht, die wir haben?
[ external image ]
Topic - Gallery - Forum - Freiheit

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Fri, 22. Mar 13, 15:58

Shadow dream wrote:There is a simple way: Reduce your mouse-sensibility!
I know from logitec, that their mice can be adjusted to different sensibilities. Duno how other brands handle this.

The problem is that X2 (being a little old) it can't hande those "fast" mice. It get's the 'move'-signal, but the mouse says 'stop' so fast, the game can't 'hear' it. Thus in slowing down your mouse this doesn't happen again :)

Shadow
I have a cheap Labtec made in china laser mouse :P
I don´t have any software.

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”