Does GOD engine remove Pirate bases?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

samoja

Does GOD engine remove Pirate bases?

Post by samoja » Fri, 22. Mar 13, 14:06

In my games i can't find 90% pirate bases, only one is the one in Nyiana's hideout which re spawned after Teladi cleared out Void of opportunity, does GOD remove them and is there any way of getting them back?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 22. Mar 13, 14:17

GOD maintains a set number of pirate bases.

it wont destroy any, but race miltary or Xenon attacks might destroy them.

when one is destroyed a new one is created, but not in the same place.
so if you can't find them, most likly is they have been moved

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Fri, 22. Mar 13, 19:26

Cycrow wrote:GOD maintains a set number of pirate bases.

I would replace 'might' with 'almost certainly will eventually'...and in many cases eventually doesn't take very long.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

samoja

Post by samoja » Fri, 22. Mar 13, 20:59

Timsup2nothin wrote:
Cycrow wrote:GOD maintains a set number of pirate bases.

I would replace 'might' with 'almost certainly will eventually'...and in many cases eventually doesn't take very long.
As i am finding out, no original station is there anymore.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Fri, 22. Mar 13, 22:27

Some of the ones in fairly out of the way unknown or pirate sectors have pretty good survival odds, but the handy ones in or near race space never last long.

I don't recall ever not finding
Spoiler
Show
the one in the unknown sector next to PTNI HQ, and no I don't mean the plot one
when I was looking for it.

Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

samoja

Post by samoja » Fri, 22. Mar 13, 22:40

Timsup2nothin wrote:Some of the ones in fairly out of the way unknown or pirate sectors have pretty good survival odds, but the handy ones in or near race space never last long.

I don't recall ever not finding
Spoiler
Show
the one in the unknown sector next to PTNI HQ, and no I don't mean the plot one
when I was looking for it.
It is called Void of Opportunity in AP and it was blown away a long time ago in my game along with accompanying fabs but lucky for me it re spawned in Nyana's Hideout so i have one pirate base available(no fabs tough) and i also have a nice empty system to play with(not sure what to do with it yet but ill figure something out eventually).

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Sat, 23. Mar 13, 21:44

My current game spawned one in the northwest corner of Heretic's End that's been around for a while. Good business for my boozeplex...
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

Simoom
x4

Post by Simoom » Sun, 24. Mar 13, 05:36

A good way to find pirate bases is to look for Sector Map offered for sale at stations. Typically they are very cheap (several sectors for a few thousand credits), and if you do it often as you are just flying around, you will keep your sector maps up-to-date.

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Sun, 24. Mar 13, 05:53

Simoom wrote:A good way to find pirate bases is to look for Sector Map offered for sale at stations. Typically they are very cheap (several sectors for a few thousand credits), and if you do it often as you are just flying around, you will keep your sector maps up-to-date.
Also the Goners in Elysium of Light will frequently ask to be delivered to pirate bases in the area. Other missions that take you to pirate bases are passenger missions for pirates on other stations, as well as some Follow Ship missions.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Sun, 24. Mar 13, 07:08

Since we're on to ways to find pirate bases...

If you see a 'civilian ship' way out beyond the edge of the main sector area, there is a good chance there is a station out that way, and stations way out from the beaten path are pirate bases more often than not.

Ships with the 'courier' designation seem to stop at pirate bases a lot. Even though an autopilot ship is 'blind' it will mark stations that it actually docks at on the map. So if you put a fast enough ship following a courier it will dock before the courier leaves, mapping the pirate base. Couriers are usually good fast ships that cover a lot of ground, so you get good 'bang for the buck' out of following them.

Of course pulling info on every ship you pass will reveal ships with 'pirate base' as their destination.

Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Stephen_Garlick
x3tc

Post by Stephen_Garlick » Wed, 27. Mar 13, 08:34

I cleared out a few pirate bases when building some of my complexes. Even then they come back in no time, when they get destroyed somewhere else. one of the pirate bases I found to last is unknown sector left of Xenon sector 534 (going on 100 game days now), I don't know they seem to be friends with the xenon or something?

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 27. Mar 13, 19:19

The Xenon typically never enter that sector. You will find the occasional Kha'ak cluster (in TC) but they generally don't attack stations, only the ships flying to them. So a pirate base in that sector should last pretty much forever.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

RoverTX
x4

Post by RoverTX » Wed, 27. Mar 13, 19:33

Going off what Nanook said.

I don't think I have seen more than an M3 or M6 on the west side of Xenon sector 534, where the gate to the unknown sector is. The Xenon all seems to cluster around the southern gate to Gestufune, or in the riod belt in the east.

If you where a pirate type it might not be a bad idea to build a base their, basically using the Xenon as a shield!

Kirlack
x3tc

Post by Kirlack » Wed, 27. Mar 13, 20:49

The PB in Acquisition Repository is way, way off the beaten path. In all my time playing TC I've never known it to be destroyed. Not sure if the same applies to AP.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”