steam patches

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Gyrehawk
x3tc

steam patches

Post by Gyrehawk » Fri, 22. Mar 13, 19:17

I bought x3tc through steam and thought it always updated all patches. my current game says 3.2c 2012 but he bonus packages on universe site says they are for 4.1.01. How can i get the latest patch for these?

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 22. Mar 13, 19:46

Steam doesn't handle bonus packs. You need to download the latest from Egosoft's download site when new ones become available. That said, you have the latest versions of both the game and the bonus pack already. BTW, 4.1.01 is the bonus pack version, not the game version.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Gyrehawk
x3tc

Post by Gyrehawk » Fri, 22. Mar 13, 22:32

ty. I did not know that I already had the latest version and the bonuspack included in stream download.. thanks

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 22. Mar 13, 22:37

No the Bonus Pack is not included in the Steam download, you get it from the Egosoft site downloads/bonus material pages for your game. Example. Nanook just said that the version your refer to in your OP is currently the latest one for X3TC.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Sat, 23. Mar 13, 20:36

Ref Steam updates:

I run a vanilla version of AP after a RIG rebuild and reloading my games from steam however when I downloaded the latest patch my game was marked as modified ??.

I'm not realy bothered as I intend to install a few mods along the way but is there a compatability issue with egosoft and steam game files that produces this result.??
When traveling pause occasionally, look back and enjoy the moment again.

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Sat, 23. Mar 13, 21:38

Not that I'm aware of. That seems like a bug you should take to the Tech Support forum.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 23. Mar 13, 21:54

No there is no incompatibility as you refer to. At the very least, run the Steam verify gamefiles cache tool for X3TC and X3AP separately because that modified flag may indicate a corrupt installation or update and you don't want to apply mods on top of that.

Kajar
x4

Post by Kajar » Sat, 23. Mar 13, 22:04

Actually you can get the bonuspack on steam.

clic on Bibliothek -> Tools and then almost at the very bottom " X Superbox bonus material " But since it says Superbox, i dunno if its aviable if you got only a single game

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 23. Mar 13, 22:21

.. also that need not be or stay the latest BP version available from Egosoft if left as initially pre-bundled with the SuperBox.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”