Terran HQ

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Terran HQ

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Mon, 1. Apr 13, 01:54

Just completed the plots and In now have a HQ sat in an Elephant at Saturn.
any suggestions where to place it I'm friends with everyone except Argon who hate me.

I have also been to all sectors so no surprises map wise.

My usual choice is east of Legends home but alternatives seem to be the order of the day.
When traveling pause occasionally, look back and enjoy the moment again.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Mon, 1. Apr 13, 03:14

If you've completed the Hub then put it near the bottom.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Mon, 1. Apr 13, 11:00

If this is AP ,the Terran PHQ is a bit big for the hub,but it is doable.
Save first before you try.

Centurion2008
x3tc

Post by Centurion2008 » Tue, 2. Apr 13, 17:37

unknown sector next to Legends home, jump drives near by, and a few rocks in sector, plus your at the center of the universe.

The Hub is for linking zennon and terran, and another race to watch fights break out, and maybe board some ships that survive LOL

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Tue, 2. Apr 13, 17:57

Aldrin 2 behind the Jump Gate is a good location, as Aldrin itself can provide most of the resources for building new ships including the argon product Cloth Rimes.

Microchips, Computer Components, and Quantum Tubes will have to be sourced from elsewhere as will Soja Husks.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Tue, 2. Apr 13, 19:52

Ref Terran PHQ:

Settled on Distant clouds good rocks and the Boron Love me (I'm a Kings knight). I.ve got the hub linled to Althes north and Menalaeus Oasis so its no hardship to send transports that route and its a moot point as I always install jump drives on all my ships as a matter of course.

This also ties in with my DID story "Nomad" which I had to suspend till; I got to this point in the game where I am close to restoring my character to the position he held prior to my last rig's failure.

Just another 2 Billion credits to amass and I'll be back on track.

But thanks all for your suggestions and Rogers Griffiths I seriously wanted to take up but it would have been outside my characters biography in the storyline to date.
When traveling pause occasionally, look back and enjoy the moment again.

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Wed, 3. Apr 13, 01:39

The Problem is Argon hate you and most of the map will get visited by an Argon Military fleet at some point, (Yes that will mean a Minotaur and Gladiators...)
For this reason I chose to keep mine firmly in Terran Space, (also I'll be using it to build Aamons and Nova Prototypes... Mercury Prototypes too if I can convince the pilot to bail...) This ultimately meant Aldrin 2 for me with the Support 'plex in Megnir.
Also I use the Hub for more offensive activities so don't want to risk my HQ in there.
Do you miss dangerous pirates?
Try leading the target a little more...

ImageCobra Mk. III Cmdr.

sadron
x3tc

Post by sadron » Wed, 3. Apr 13, 16:57

I managed to (quite slowly) repair my rep with the Argon by killing lots of their enemies in their sectors while avoiding their military.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”