Alert:Missile closing

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Koritnaciino
x4

Alert:Missile closing

Post by Koritnaciino » Tue, 2. Apr 13, 14:55

Hi guys. Is here some small script for change Alert:Missile closing for something more inteligent and less frustrate please?

Is realy horrible to hear 10mins every 2 sec missile closing :)
Please let me know. Thx

Koritnaciino
x4

Post by Koritnaciino » Fri, 12. Apr 13, 17:49

I would like to ask if is possible create scipt which will do following:

Disable all vanilla missiles alerts.

Have monitor nr.2
a) no missiles - monitor off
b) launched missile - monitor on
- on the monitor in right botom corner will start blink red button.
- somewhere on the midle will be information about closest missile (name,speed,power)
- somewhere in right will be informations about all amount missiles targeted you (for ex. 25)
- if you shield become to 5% the hoop will start blinking red

Its just idea. I dont know if is that possible. Maybe not monitor just something like radar frame. I think find solution for this trouble will welcome many peoples.

RoverTX
x4

Post by RoverTX » Fri, 12. Apr 13, 18:03

Great idea!

Would be great if you could blacklist the message for certain missile types. I really don't care if someone just launched a bunch of small missiles at my M2, but I do care about some Firestorms coming at me.

I think though that this is hard coded... but a cool idea none the less.

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Fri, 12. Apr 13, 18:25

Can an audio file be triggered via script? I know you can remove the sound all together but the idea of it only coming on for specific missiles would be immensely useful as compared to the current way the game handles it.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 12. Apr 13, 20:34

joelR wrote:Can an audio file be triggered via script? I know you can remove the sound all together but the idea of it only coming on for specific missiles would be immensely useful as compared to the current way the game handles it.
Yeah, that's a good idea.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 12. Apr 13, 20:43

joelR wrote:Can an audio file be triggered via script?
You can play sound samples with the play sample <Var/Number> audio command .
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Sat, 13. Apr 13, 00:47

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
joelR wrote:Can an audio file be triggered via script?
You can play sound samples with the play sample <Var/Number> audio command .
Ok, thats good to know.

Two more questions:

1. Is it possible for a script to determine the type of incoming missile? If true...

2. Is it possible to toggle, via menu, each individual missile on and off in respect to the warning beeps.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 14. Apr 13, 00:59

Both things are possible.

1. In the Flight Commands there are two commands to get incoming missiles:

<RetVar> = <RefObj> find nearest missile aiming to me
<RetVar> = <RefObj> get array of missiles aiming to me

2. Yes, when you create your own missile alert system. A menu script, where you select the missiles you want to get warned of, sets a global variable. That variable is then checked by the actual warning script.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Tue, 16. Apr 13, 18:41

XTC has such a system, it distinguishes between light medium and heavy missiles, so it's better to judge if you should laugh your a§§ off or start sweating
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Tue, 16. Apr 13, 19:01

Killjaeden wrote:XTC has such a system, it distinguishes between light medium and heavy missiles, so it's better to judge if you should laugh your a§§ off or start sweating
Im glad you guys thought of that. Any chance of realisimg that as a standalone like you did withthe news service?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”