[X3AP] SEWN and OOS Patrol Ships Friend/Foe Issue.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Simoom
x4

[X3AP] SEWN and OOS Patrol Ships Friend/Foe Issue.

Post by Simoom » Fri, 5. Apr 13, 15:40

I was tinkering with the SEWN system that is new in AP; I thought it was pretty neat... except I couldn't use it for more than 2 minutes without turning it off.

I am friendly with the pirates in my game; all their ships are blue to me, but SEWN seems to have a default FF setting built-in that automatically identifies all pirates as hostile? I keep getting warning in sectors that contain pirate ships, even though I checked all of them and everything is blue in there.

The same issue is plaguing my OOS patrol ships - they keep going after blue pirates that wander into the sector, even blue pirate stations. NO it is NOT because they happened to attack a red pirate and had their FF settings automatically changed! I had two patrol ships in Antigone Memorial which I kept a close eye on. I made sure they had pirates set to friendly, and no red pirates had wandered into the sector. But they repeatedly go toward a blue pirate base and attack it without provocation.

Does anyone know if this is a known issue, and whether or not there's a workaround? :/

dno101

Post by dno101 » Fri, 5. Apr 13, 15:51

How do you get friendly with Pirates? Do you mean you have them set to friendly, as that just means your guys will not attack them. From my experience, that does not stop them attacking you - hence the warning.

Tohron
x3tc

Post by Tohron » Fri, 5. Apr 13, 17:35

dno101 wrote:How do you get friendly with Pirates? Do you mean you have them set to friendly, as that just means your guys will not attack them. From my experience, that does not stop them attacking you - hence the warning.
If you run missions in pirate sectors, they will gradually start turning blue to you - presumably the OP has used that to maintain good relations with the pirates.

Simoom
x4

Post by Simoom » Fri, 5. Apr 13, 17:44

dno101 wrote:How do you get friendly with Pirates? Do you mean you have them set to friendly, as that just means your guys will not attack them. From my experience, that does not stop them attacking you - hence the warning.
I have good reputation standing with the pirate factions. :) They are all blue to me.

The occasional red spawns also behave differently from their TC counterparts; in TC if they spawn red, they stay red regardless of your reputation (except one trick where if you fly up to them and do a Scan, they turn blue).

In AP, if they spawn red, but your reputation standing is good, they turn blue (usually the moment you leave the sector; or if you jump a ship in OOS).

dno101

Post by dno101 » Fri, 5. Apr 13, 17:52

ah, just assumed they were always red - like the barbarians in CIV. this is what comes of playing a DiD trading style :oops:

no idea why SEWN alerts on blue pirates then. would suggest a script issue....

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”