Race won't go red no matter how many i kill

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Arakiel
x4

Race won't go red no matter how many i kill

Post by Arakiel » Fri, 5. Apr 13, 20:32

Well sort of....

I don't know if this is a bug or not, and if it is, maybe it is already known. I started a new TC game as Bankrupt Assassin. As usual the Boron and the Paranid were both red to me all the time. I liked this for 2 reasons, 1 it made it more challenging to avoid potentially hostile military forces and 2 it made it easy to see juicy targets for "piratical activities"

Then I did a single mission for the Boron...just 1 mission from a Pirate sector. Suddenly Borons are showing up blue more and more frequently until....no more red Borons. I kill them, I steal their stuff, I force them to bail and while the individual pilots go red the rest of the Boron are still blue. My race rep drops VERY slowly, maybe 1% per kill/bail/theft at most.

Then I made the mistake of doing the same thing with a Paranid mission. I killed dozens of them prior to the mission, they hated my guts which suited me fine. Now all the Paranid are starting to show up blue as well and my race rep with them is Desecrator of Holy Light 36%. All I did was taxi a few guys to another sector and most of those guys weren't even Paranid!

All from just a single mission each :(

-A

samoja

Re: Race won't go red no matter how many i kill

Post by samoja » Fri, 5. Apr 13, 20:46

Arakiel wrote:Well sort of....

I don't know if this is a bug or not, and if it is, maybe it is already known. I started a new TC game as Bankrupt Assassin. As usual the Boron and the Paranid were both red to me all the time. I liked this for 2 reasons, 1 it made it more challenging to avoid potentially hostile military forces and 2 it made it easy to see juicy targets for "piratical activities"

Then I did a single mission for the Boron...just 1 mission from a Pirate sector. Suddenly Borons are showing up blue more and more frequently until....no more red Borons. I kill them, I steal their stuff, I force them to bail and while the individual pilots go red the rest of the Boron are still blue. My race rep drops VERY slowly, maybe 1% per kill/bail/theft at most.

Then I made the mistake of doing the same thing with a Paranid mission. I killed dozens of them prior to the mission, they hated my guts which suited me fine. Now all the Paranid are starting to show up blue as well and my race rep with them is Desecrator of Holy Light 36%. All I did was taxi a few guys to another sector and most of those guys weren't even Paranid!

All from just a single mission each :(

-A
You have to have very low rep to be K.O.S. and missions often grant very high rep boost(depending on how hard it is i guess), idk if the fact that you are already low has any contribution to it but it seems normal to me.

shameless creature
x3ap

Post by shameless creature » Fri, 5. Apr 13, 20:46

Destroying fighters or freighters doesn't make much of a difference to reputation. Have you destroyed any capitals yet?

Arakiel
x4

Post by Arakiel » Fri, 5. Apr 13, 21:13

Nope no capitals yet, I haven't acquired the firepower.

Kinda weird that I can pick on the general populace all day long and nobody cares very much but I guess that must be a fun/balance issue.

greypanther
x3ap

Post by greypanther » Fri, 5. Apr 13, 21:17

I seem to remember there is a mod to fix this, which if I remember correctly also makes it impossible to be friendly with all races. Which means for instance that if you are friendly with the Boron, you will never be friendly with the Split.

I suggest you ask over in scripts and modding forum. :)

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 5. Apr 13, 21:47

Rep loss depends on what ships you destroy, generally the bigger the ship the bigger the rep loss, and where you destroy them. If you kill them in sectors not belonging to that race, then your rep drops more slowly. If you kill them in their border sectors, you get a more severe rep drop, and if you kill them in core sectors, you get an even larger drop in reputation.

Rep drop also depends a lot on how many hits it takes to kill a target, the more times you hit it before it dies, the greater the drop in rep. If you one-shot, or better yet ram a target, the rep drop is generally minimal.

Oh, and they really don't like you blowing up their stations. :twisted:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Sat, 6. Apr 13, 01:13

If you /want/ to drop rep with certain race(s), kill their police/military over all else. The bigger the ship class the faster the rep drop

Capping 'gains' less of a drop than destroying; Outer sectors 'gain' less of a rep drop than core sectors
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

shameless creature
x3ap

Post by shameless creature » Sat, 6. Apr 13, 01:37

Arakiel wrote:Nope no capitals yet, I haven't acquired the firepower.

Kinda weird that I can pick on the general populace all day long and nobody cares very much but I guess that must be a fun/balance issue.
When it comes to gaining reputation with a race by killing Xenon ships in their sectors, destroying an M6 is a hundredfold more valuable than an M3. I would expect it to work in a similar way when it comes to tanking your reputation.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”