[X3TC/X3AP] Aldrin NPC Traders Crowd Around Gates. Abnormal behavior?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Simoom
x4

[X3TC/X3AP] Aldrin NPC Traders Crowd Around Gates. Abnormal behavior?

Post by Simoom » Fri, 5. Apr 13, 22:55

I remember them doing this back in X3TC (because I worked very hard to build up the sectors around Aldrin by taking tons of station-building missions). Basically, once I started creating more factories in this region (Segaris, Megnir, Aldrin, Aldrin 2, Althes) through station-building missions, the game starts spawning a lot of additional Aldrin trading ships. The problem is, these ships just kinda sat around the gates, not going anywhere or doing anything.

It looks like this behavior persists in X3AP as well. It's not on the same level of bad as the Billion Barracuda bug, but I am wondering if it's related...

Some screenshots of the sector maps:
[ external image ][ external image ][ external image ][ external image ]

Notice how they even crowd around the gates in Segaris, even though there are no stations there to even trade with...

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Sat, 6. Apr 13, 03:22

Happens due to IS collision avoidance but will resolve itself if you go OOS for some time.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Simoom
x4

Post by Simoom » Sat, 6. Apr 13, 10:58

euclid wrote:Happens due to IS collision avoidance but will resolve itself if you go OOS for some time.

Cheers Euclid
No these have been crowding the gates OOS for several game days now; I haven't gone back in that area since I built it up.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”