[X3AP] I Have a TL Full of Ore and Nividium...

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Wargod.
x3tc

[X3AP] I Have a TL Full of Ore and Nividium...

Post by Wargod. » Sat, 6. Apr 13, 00:33

Now what do I do with it? :P

Background:

1. I've mobile mined out the bulk of Perpetual Sin, I will eventually make this a secondary base of operations.

2. I have set up my main base of operations in Savage Spur. I have not mobile mined it, yet, although I have built mines on the highest yield asteroids.

3. My sellers in Savage Spur seem to be meeting demand in the nearby sectors - I think that building additional mines and stocking them using the mobile mined ore may saturate the local market.

4. I can't assign my TS' home base to the TL, and in turn can not tell them to "Sell for Best Price..." in a sort of mobile station type setup (is there a way to do this?)

5. None of this deals with the hundreds of units of Nividium, I have no idea what to do with that at all.

6. I have the HQ from the PTNI missions setup in Savage Spur

Is there a way I can quickly/easily sell off all this ore? Are there places in the universe, that I'm unaware of, that buy in bulk? Halp.

Also, I'm back again :lol:

Aragosnat
x4

Re: [X3AP] I Have a TL Full of Ore and Nividium...

Post by Aragosnat » Sat, 6. Apr 13, 00:48

Wargod. wrote:Now what do I do with it? :P

4. I can't assign my TS' home base to the TL, and in turn can not tell them to "Sell for Best Price..." in a sort of mobile station type setup (is there a way to do this?)

5. None of this deals with the hundreds of units of Nividium, I have no idea what to do with that at all.

Is there a way I can quickly/easily sell off all this ore? Are there places in the universe, that I'm unaware of, that buy in bulk? Halp.

Also, I'm back again :lol:
For starters which X3 game sounds like AP?

But, here is some answers I'll try my best with.

4) The CLS from the bonus pack can have the TS pick up from the TL as long as either one have a transporter unit. The other thing you could do is get a Falcon Hauler and use them as they can haul XL size wares.

5) Place on a TS any will do and then sell the ship at a shipyard. The few places that accept it dont accept a lot.

And for the last part dealing with ore in bulk. It is better if you have a trade station or EQ dock and drop the ore off there and then have a ship sell it off. Unless you are comfortable with using CLS from teh bonus pack.

Answer
Chain Maille Armor
Profitzz
May this spacefly bother you.
[ external image ]
TC: 32+ Squidie (Steam DiD) deaths and counting since around June 18, 2012.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 6. Apr 13, 00:49

The quick way is to sell the TS at a shipyard. You will be paid for the ship's cargo, although not at top price.

A slow-and-steady solution is to sell from your HQ. Allow NPC's to trade. They will slowly buy your wares and will pay better prices. This is the best way to sell Nividium, in my experience.

Oh, and you *can* set a homebase for larger ships:
  • Assign the ship to a wing.
  • Set a homebase for the wing.
  • Remove the ship from the wing. (It will keep the wing's homebase.)
  • (Ninja'ed!)

Wargod.
x3tc

Post by Wargod. » Sat, 6. Apr 13, 00:54

DrBullwinkle wrote:The quick way is to sell the TS at a shipyard. You will be paid for the ship's cargo, although not at top price.
Does it sell at market average or below? I'm OK with market average.

Thanks for the responses.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Sat, 6. Apr 13, 00:57

3. My sellers in Savage Spur seem to be meeting demand in the nearby sectors - I think that building additional mines and stocking them using the mobile mined ore may saturate the local market.

Usual way to get rid of nvid in bulk is to offload it to a hulk & sell the hulk to a shipyard. I thought AP introduced more uses for nvid but I may be wrong..

WRT ore, you can saturate the universe-wide market relatively quickly, so build some plexes that make use of it. Missiles/high level shields for your own fleet (& profit from the excess), and/or quantum tubes, low-level shields & similar hi-tech wares, for profit or use as you see fit

Always worth repeating: /your/ game universe depends upon how /you/ play, so asking for help about specifics (stations particularly, even across regions) will produce different results from different players, depending upon /their/ game universe & how /they/ play
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Aragosnat
x4

Post by Aragosnat » Sat, 6. Apr 13, 07:51

Snafu_X3 wrote:

Usual way to get rid of nvid in bulk is to offload it to a hulk & sell the hulk to a shipyard. I thought AP introduced more uses for nvid but I may be wrong..

WRT ore, you can saturate the universe-wide market relatively quickly, so build some plexes that make use of it. Missiles/high level shields for your own fleet (& profit from the excess), and/or quantum tubes, low-level shields & similar hi-tech wares, for profit or use as you see fit

Always worth repeating: /your/ game universe depends upon how /you/ play, so asking for help about specifics (stations particularly, even across regions) will produce different results from different players, depending upon /their/ game universe & how /they/ play
Yes. In AP if I remember right. Khak ships need nividium.
Chain Maille Armor
Profitzz
May this spacefly bother you.
[ external image ]
TC: 32+ Squidie (Steam DiD) deaths and counting since around June 18, 2012.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Sat, 6. Apr 13, 13:59

Khaak ships need nvidium to build (at PHQ) in both TC & AP, but only a tiny amount
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

JoeVN09
x4

Post by JoeVN09 » Sat, 6. Apr 13, 17:29

Unless I've been hiding under a rock and the practice has been either patched out or banned, you can also exploit nividium on the stock exchange.

However that is the blackest of black arts and is an expensive karma loan from the RNG gods. :pirat:
~ Experienced X3 veteran. Dangerously incompetent X4 novice. ~

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”