Deploy satellite network: ship won't resupply sats

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

temetvince
x4

Deploy satellite network: ship won't resupply sats

Post by temetvince » Sun, 7. Apr 13, 00:22

Using my discoverer, I give it 2 advanced satellites and tell it to deploy satellite network. It ends up only 3 sectors away from an adv sat factory when it runs of of the 2 sats I gave it. The factory does have adv sats in stock. However, my discoverer instead heads for the nearest trading station and lands.

This happens every time. Also, for the record, I am using the Re-balance mod for Albion Prelude.

Any ideas?

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Sun, 7. Apr 13, 13:45

The 'deploy satellites' script has never restocked sats properly, to my knowledge. If you're determined to use it your best method is likely to be to pair it with some sort of tender running CLS2 (a reasonably fast M4 could be used, providing it has more speed than the disco & enough cargo space) to keep the disco restocked

Make sure the tender has transporter device, ecells & a jumpdrive (& the ability to use it!)
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 7. Apr 13, 13:45

It usually seems to work better than that in vanilla X3AP.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

temetvince
x4

Post by temetvince » Sun, 7. Apr 13, 21:21

Well it seems to work with normal nav satellites. Not my prefered technique but hey, it's better than nothing!

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Mon, 8. Apr 13, 01:37

I had success with Deploy Satellite Network, but I have also had it halt several times, for no apparent reason.

I wonder how often it updates the sector list to be populated by sats? Every time you open a new sector? Maybe there's a correlation to explored vs new sectors or something that sometimes bugs it out? ie: You start it, explore the map, but it only puts sats in the sectors that were visible when you originally ordered it? /shrug

Anyway, I haven't had it be enough of a bother to really worry about, certainly not at the point where it halts due to being out of satellites and I couldn't get it to restart appropriately. (Though, it will double up satellites in sectors it has already placed one - There's no vanilla solution for that.)

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 8. Apr 13, 19:36

I think the reason it stops is because it can't find Advanced Satellites at average or lower prices. It's been a while since I used this feature, but that's what I recall as being the problem.

Either that or it needs to buy them from trading stations, not factories. :gruebel:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Tue, 9. Apr 13, 03:20

Nanook wrote:I think the reason it stops is because it can't find Advanced Satellites at average or lower prices.
Agreed, but I suspect its 'lower than average prices' as the script seems to ignore trading stations & MOs

[supposition] Most likely it's been coded for navsats only, in a similar way as the trader scripts have been coded for Mk1 drones only. They'll /use/ the provided wares, but only autorestock with the cheaper varient :( [/supposition]
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 9. Apr 13, 23:40

I've had my explorers collect Advanced Satellites, so I know it works for them, and I've also seen them get them at trading stations and military outposts.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Wed, 10. Apr 13, 01:27

Fairynuff..

Alacard1
x4

Post by Alacard1 » Wed, 10. Apr 13, 03:46

There is either a:
  • Price point limitation on restocking Satellites
  • Distance limitation on searching for Satellites
  • Fault similar to "I not made the sale fast enough" error which requires player interaction.
I am unsure as to whether having resources in system is required for finding the locations to purchase Satellites from the unit assigned to deploy satellites. I might do some play testing on this.

That being said, my tried and true method is using a TL/TP/TM to automatically "purchase for best price" "Advanced Satellites" and specifying an enormous range to find them. That usually gets me 45~50ish after 4-6 cycles which I then manually load into Kestrels.

The only time I encounter the problem you stated is when I'm initially seeding the Universe with AdvSats so it could very well be influenced by a host of factors pertaining to that.

tl;dr use Transports to purchase Satellites in bulk, load into M5s.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”