X3AP Mac Dont Discount Split Ships

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Centurion2008
x3tc

X3AP Mac Dont Discount Split Ships

Post by Centurion2008 » Sun, 7. Apr 13, 01:33

lol I keep seeing everyone going on and on about Terran ships

**Quote Split Captain** now split show u why split ships most powerful in universe!!

I sent a split fleet into Zenon sectors just to see what would happen, i just watched, they cleared both sectors with no loss's, just couple drones lost and some damage to ships..

EDIT Link Removed** will Fix
Thanks @ gandy|UKCS| i forgot about the music in background lol will make another today

yes you can do it solo, or use a m7m but whats the fun in that

EDIT 2 http://youtu.be/o6cyRkKZZ0U

The battle did not turn out as well as last video, the Zenon I spit out missile's like it had a endless supply took little more damage and lost a Dragon.
Last edited by Centurion2008 on Sun, 7. Apr 13, 22:25, edited 3 times in total.

gandy|UKCS|
x3tc

Post by gandy|UKCS| » Sun, 7. Apr 13, 08:02

cant watch your vid

it says

This video contains content from WMG, SME and EMI, one or more of whom have blocked it in your country on copyright grounds :(
Gaming PC
Mobo - Asus P8Z77-V - CPU - i5 3570K @ 4.2ghz
HSF - Corsair H100 - GFX - GTX-470
Memory - 8gig Corsair Vengence Black DDR3 @ 1600mhz
Monitor - BenQ 2400HD 24"
Case - CM Storm Stryker

Simoom
x4

Post by Simoom » Mon, 8. Apr 13, 21:39

Split ships typically have good firepower but poor shields. In player hands they are good ships (fast, agile, and since the player can dodge fire more effectively, poor shielding isn't much of an issue).

In AI hands it's a different story... AI pilots will soak up bullets like a sponge, so having good shields is actually important. This is why people like Terran ships - they have some of the strongest shields in the game, which makes them effective when left in AI hands.

I don't know how big of a fleet you sent in to clear the Xenon sector, but a couple of M2's of any race will clear a sector just fine (or in player hands, just one). M7M's are even more effective at blowing everything up, to the point where some players refuse to use them because they feel like an exploit.

Either way it's no indication of whether or not Split ships are better. In fact if you are just looking to blow everything up, check out the ATF Skirnir. It will put your beloved Cobra to shame.

brucewarren
x3tc

Post by brucewarren » Mon, 8. Apr 13, 22:15

It used to. Time was when a barrage from one was "press button to clear sector" but since they whacked it hard with the nerf bat, I'm not so sure now.

I know the original (TC) missile payload was probably a typo, but it gave you a reason to board one. I suppose that with them for sale in AP it would have been overpowered, but a legend has passed by.

Centurion2008
x3tc

Post by Centurion2008 » Mon, 8. Apr 13, 23:45

#Simoom,

Yes i agree, for out of sector fights shields and gun count,
but for in sector fights just to watch the light show split ships put out and there slim design really helps the dumb AI get hit less than the other larger ships.
LOL i love to just sit in my ship in sector and send in a Split fleet to rip up sectors, the Turret placement on Split ships brings a smile! :D

Simoom
x4

Post by Simoom » Tue, 9. Apr 13, 03:08

brucewarren wrote:It used to. Time was when a barrage from one was "press button to clear sector" but since they whacked it hard with the nerf bat, I'm not so sure now.

I know the original (TC) missile payload was probably a typo, but it gave you a reason to board one. I suppose that with them for sale in AP it would have been overpowered, but a legend has passed by.
The Shadow missile was insanely OP in TC because it split into 8 warheads upon launch - and each warhead packed over twice the firepower of a single Hammer torpedo.

In AP it doesn't split anymore, it's a single warhead just like the Hammer, but still does almost twice the damage for the same amount of cargo space. So for clearing sectors, it's still the better choice of the two (on top of that the Skirnir has more cargo space, has the strongest turret of any M7M, has the best laser generator of all M7M to fire said turret, and is almost as fast as the Cobra)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”