AP where are the ion disruptor forges?-

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

massacoppsan
x3tc

AP where are the ion disruptor forges?-

Post by massacoppsan » Mon, 8. Apr 13, 02:18

I've looked in lucky planets and a few other places listed and I can't find any. No ID's for sale at any equipment dicks either. Found the cannons though. What gives?

Tohron
x3tc

Post by Tohron » Mon, 8. Apr 13, 02:40

Unfortunately, the computer (dubbed 'GoD') removes stations that aren't doing enough business. Check your encyclopedia (hit 'p', then "Advanced", "Encyclopedia", "Lasers", "Ion Disruptor"), then scroll down and see if anything's listed under "Sold as Product at Known Stations". If not, any disruptors will have to be produced from your own factories.

massacoppsan
x3tc

Post by massacoppsan » Mon, 8. Apr 13, 03:05

I was afraid of that. Guess ill have to use drones to strip my prey.

Simoom
x4

Post by Simoom » Mon, 8. Apr 13, 03:50

GoD removed all the Flak Artillery forges from my game because (may be due to a scripting error on the devs' side) no EQ docks in the game will buy them, so the forges just sit there with full stocks until GoD decided to make them go POOF because there wasn't "enough demand". =_=

The Cluster Flak forges are in an equally precarious condition, since only two Jonferco stations buy them.... no EQ docks stock them either, meaning I can't equip multiple ships with them using the "Upgrade" function at shipyards.

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Mon, 8. Apr 13, 10:56

Keeping one of your ships docked at a station usually stops GoD from removing the station. It was quite common for the Tractor beam factories to disappear, until Ego stopped them from disappearing as there is not really anywhere that really buys them.

Simoom
x4

Post by Simoom » Mon, 8. Apr 13, 20:53

SIMON POPPLEWELL wrote:Keeping one of your ships docked at a station usually stops GoD from removing the station. It was quite common for the Tractor beam factories to disappear, until Ego stopped them from disappearing as there is not really anywhere that really buys them.
Yeah I did that for all the IBL, E-EMPC, P-SSC, P-MAML, Ghoul/Spectre missile fabs.

...but in all the previous X3 games, the FAA is purchased by Teladi EQ docks, so I didn't realize the forges were going to pop because nobody buys them in AP anymore.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: AP where are the ion disruptor forges?-

Post by Nanook » Mon, 8. Apr 13, 21:38

massacoppsan wrote:I've looked in lucky planets and a few other places listed and I can't find any. No ID's for sale at any equipment dicks either. Found the cannons though. What gives?
How much of the universe have you explored? And have you checked your pilot encyclopedia for locations? Just because the one in Lucky Planets is missing doesn't mean they all are gone.

And BTW, it's not usually GoD that removes all those forges, despite comments to the contrary. It's usually some form of enemy action, pirates in particular, that destroy stations. It may take some time for the NPC's to replace them, if they're needed. As for Ion Disruptors, in particular, those are sold at practically all Boron equipment docks, so I certainly wouldn't expect 'GoD' to get rid of the factories that make them.

Look around other Boron sectors, and be sure to check the equipment docks. Also, scan weapons and high tech traders and see if they're carrying any as cargo. If you see ID's in cargo bays, you can be sure there are forges around somewhere.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

gandy|UKCS|
x3tc

Post by gandy|UKCS| » Tue, 9. Apr 13, 08:41

All mine Ion D forges are gone as well, God is very cruel in AP as one of my game starts it removed all the IRE forges and God removes stations the moment you start a new game ( unless it places the adverts in random places and not next to stations ).
Gaming PC
Mobo - Asus P8Z77-V - CPU - i5 3570K @ 4.2ghz
HSF - Corsair H100 - GFX - GTX-470
Memory - 8gig Corsair Vengence Black DDR3 @ 1600mhz
Monitor - BenQ 2400HD 24"
Case - CM Storm Stryker

Reimu Hakurei
x3tc

Re: AP where are the ion disruptor forges?-

Post by Reimu Hakurei » Thu, 11. Apr 13, 14:44

Even if there are no forges, Military Supply Transporters seem to spawn with random weapons onboard, and that may include IDs. :pirat:

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Thu, 11. Apr 13, 14:49

Do some station building missions.
I once got a mission to build an Ion Disruptor forge in Queen´s harbour. Later I bought some IonD´s from that forge for my AdvBarracuda for capping some spaceflies (after month I still haven´t found any, I just collected some from pirate ship wrecks, but not enough).

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”