[TC] RE/PHQ & EQ questions

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

x3tc

[TC] RE/PHQ & EQ questions

Post by 5150 » Tue, 9. Apr 13, 17:28

Hi,

A couple of questions about reverse engineering and player EQ's I hope someone can answer.

I note on the X3wiki that the X-Shuttle is one of 2 ships that can't be RE'd in vanila. What's the other one? (Goner Ranger?)

Does it matter which race EQ I buy (are the wares limited to those of the NPC EQ?)

Can I add the PHQ/EQ to a complex?

Will I get offered pirate capital ship blueprints once I have the PHQ or do I need to board & RE them? (I have good standing with the pirates)

Thanks

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Tue, 9. Apr 13, 17:37

You need to board, reverse engineer and then construct a pirate battleship.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 9. Apr 13, 23:36

I'm at max rep with all five races and have the PHQ. The largest ship blueprints I've ever been offered were for M6's. I don't think you'll get blueprints for the larger ships.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

terryokc2
x3tc

Post by terryokc2 » Tue, 9. Apr 13, 23:51

I think you are correct about the RE...I believe the Goner Ranger is the other.

For EQ docks you purchase and build...no, it is completely empty of wares and you can add wares regardless of the NPC EQ similar type.

And no...you cannot add the PHQ or EQ or even Trading Station to a complex. These are all solo stations.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”