How to use XTC-stationmodels in TC and AP

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Trickmov
x3tc

How to use XTC-stationmodels in TC and AP

Post by Trickmov » Tue, 9. Apr 13, 18:15

Hello there :)

I think the XTC-team did some great work with the complete set for race-specific stations in XTC. However, not everyone likes to play the mod itself and would like to play stock vanilla TC or AP with the new stations.

So this is for those people.

My work is just a new cat/dat with new TDocks and TFactories for use with TC or AP.

If you don't know how to use the X3Editor2, don't use these instructions.

You need to start a new game for that to work.

Installation:

For X3AP:

Download XTC from here

run the XTC-installer to an unimportant place like a new folder at your desktop.

After the installation, copy 14.cat and 14.dat from the XTC-installation to your x3AP-folder and rename them to 04.cat and 04.dat (or to the next following number to your latest cat/dat). The XTC-installation can be deleted afterwards.

Download my files from here (or here mediafire.com mirror) and extract 05.cat/dat to your x3ap-folder.

Go to the X3Editor2, open 04.cat from your AP-installation, open the folder objects in there and delete everything but the folder stations from it.

For X3TC:

Download XTC from here

run the XTC-installer to an unimportant place like a new folder at your desktop.

After the installation, copy 14.cat and 14.dat from the XTC-installation to your x3TC-folder and rename them to the next following number for your cat/dats - this is usually already 14.cat/dat ;) The XTC-installation can be deleted afterwards.

Download my files from here (or here mediafire.com mirror) and extract 05.cat/dat to your desktop, rename them to 15.cat/dat, move them to your X3TC-installation.

Go to the X3Editor2, open 14.cat in your TC-installation, open the folder objects in there and delete everything but the folder stations from it.

Notes:

- the AP-files include entries for gazz' complex-cleaner mod, thus you don't need to mess around with the TFactories, if you want to use both mods - this doesn't apply for the TC-files, though.
- the buggy stott mixery L type entry from XTC was replaced by the M entry, thus no problem there with my files
- the Boron EQD has got now the XTC-model, which is the same model, but the XTC-version doesn't have the M6-docking problem as the stock Vanilla-model
- the race shipyards all do use now the big-shipyard-model - it didn't fit anymore, to have all stations race-specific, but not the small shipyards ones. The wharfs from XTC seemed not really usable, as my traders TS didn't want to dock on it (if at all only one docking place for TS and no docking clamps)

Suggestions:
As you have to start a new game anyway, how about some other graphic enhancing mods, like:
- http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=335218
and/or
- http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... highlight=

Thanks to:

- the XTC-team for creating the models
- Mokonzi for hosting my files ;)

Edit 12th Dec 2016: Added alternative links for Trickmov's files. X2-Illuminatus
Last edited by Trickmov on Thu, 11. Apr 13, 19:48, edited 3 times in total.

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Tue, 9. Apr 13, 18:51

Where did you get permission to release this mod?
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

Trickmov
x3tc

Post by Trickmov » Tue, 9. Apr 13, 18:53

There is nothing included from other people in my files, thus where is your problem?

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Tue, 9. Apr 13, 18:58

Didn't ask that did I...

I asked who gave permission. Obviously you are a little defensive on the topic, but meh not my problem. Still don't think it's the best way to honour colleagues work...
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

Trickmov
x3tc

Post by Trickmov » Tue, 9. Apr 13, 19:00

I don't need any permission, because all I am offering is my work and not anyones else. If some people extract stuff from XTC for themself like instructed by me, where is the problem?

After all the credits for that excellent work go to the right place or not?

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Tue, 9. Apr 13, 20:13

Well for a start if they follow your instructions it may cause a few issues. But again not my problem :lol:
Sir Ken Robinson

Trickmov
x3tc

Post by Trickmov » Tue, 9. Apr 13, 20:20

We'll see - I am assuming you're speaking of renaming-issues - honestly I don't really understand, what so problematic with that. If other issues, just let me know, as you know my english is not the best, probably it's because of that ;)

RoverTX
x4

Post by RoverTX » Wed, 10. Apr 13, 00:05

XTC messes with the base ship models, and IDs from Tships, along with the map, docks, and dock dummies, and many other things. Unless you replicated everything from the egosoft dats that XTC overwrites, but the stations, in your set up its going to cause issues.

The only real way to do this would be to remove all the models from the XTC mod, along with DD files, add them to a new .dat, and then create the stations and dock Tfiles. Other wise your going to run into ships with inactive turrets, docking issues, and sectors with suns that don't have models, etc etc etc.

I merged the XTC stations into my personal mod, but it took time and tweaking and wasn't a one stop shop kind of deal.

Trickmov
x3tc

Post by Trickmov » Wed, 10. Apr 13, 09:02

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Ok, sorry, people I made a mistake... while adding this description, I forgot I deleted things from the the XTC-cat/dat, when using this for myself. There is of course an option to use this as intended, but one will need a bit more knowledge about editing the ingame-files with x3editor2, thus no easy way to achieve the goal.

I will change the instructions soon, but to make one thing clear, if you don't know how to use x3editor2, don't use this and don't wait for it :oops:

For removing it, if you installed it with the faulty instructions, it's enough to remove the newly added cat/dats from your installation-path.

[EDIT]Ok, new instructions upped, the only missing step was to delete everything but the folder objects/stations from the XTC-cat/dat in your installation-path. And this time I checked it myself with a new installation if that works or not ;)

Alex Corvis
x4

Post by Alex Corvis » Thu, 11. Apr 13, 13:59

I have some questions about this:
I did something similar a few weeks ago. Though I got some trouble using the XXXL solar power plants. They don't show up in the game. How did you solve this?
And what did you change in TFactories and TDocks? Did you just change the object path or did you replace the complete vanilla entries by XTC ones?
And what about docking dummies? Have they been changen in the stations' scenes?

Trickmov
x3tc

Post by Trickmov » Thu, 11. Apr 13, 15:06

Alex Corvis wrote:I have some questions about this:
I did something similar a few weeks ago. Though I got some trouble using the XXXL solar power plants. They don't show up in the game. How did you solve this?
Iirc I didn't use the XXL-solarplants at all. In Vanilla they don't exist, thus I didn't use that model-entry... as it seems I was lucky with that ;)
And what did you change in TFactories and TDocks? Did you just change the object path or did you replace the complete vanilla entries by XTC ones?
I changed only the object-path, everything else is completely Vanilla.
And what about docking dummies? Have they been changen in the stations' scenes?
Well, I know, that there are changed docking dummies, and I didn't do anything about it - but I found no problem with that inGame, every docking procedure I have seen so far is ok and I am playing AP with that since a few weeks.

There was one slight (ignorable) issue with the boron XL solarplant, my ship missed a few times the entry and had to retry the docking procedure, but successed then.

Alex Corvis
x4

Post by Alex Corvis » Thu, 11. Apr 13, 16:39

Trickmov wrote:
Alex Corvis wrote:I have some questions about this:
Iirc I didn't use the XXL-solarplants at all. In Vanilla they don't exist, thus I didn't use that model-entry... as it seems I was lucky with that ;)
:D
There was one slight (ignorable) issue with the boron XL solarplant, my ship missed a few times the entry and had to retry the docking procedure, but successed then.

I'm not sure but that is not neccessarily a mod problem. I had that with Argon Trading Station and Military Outpost in vanilla game.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”