[X3AP] OOS Patrols Keep Targeting Blue Pirates

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Simoom
x4

[X3AP] OOS Patrols Keep Targeting Blue Pirates

Post by Simoom » Tue, 9. Apr 13, 18:17

I think this is a new issue in AP because I don't recall the behavior in TC.

Back in TC, even if you are at max rep with the pirates, red ones will still occasionally spawn - and these are the ones OOS patrols will go after (which messes up their FF setting if I set them to be "friendly" with the pirates). However, one thing OOS patrols absolutely didn't do was going after blue pirates if their FF settings are correct.

In AP, pirates learned to play nice (they are all blue to me - and even the occasional red spawns turn blue the moment I jump out of the sector - if I was in the same sector as them - or if I jump a ship in from OOS). On the other hand, my OOS patrol ships don't know how to play nice anymore.

Back in some earlier trials, OOS patrols would repeatedly attack blue pirates (including blue pirate bases and laser towers), even though I continuously reset their FF settings to make sure they have pirates set to friendly. The moment they see a blue pirate ship, they go after it like flies.

Right now I have no patrol ships in my game (save for a few in Zyarth's Dominion, which has no pirate activities), only 14 M2's guarding Xenon gates (on Defend Position command, so they don't wander around).

Even with a minimal OOS combat setup like this, I still keep losing pirate rep (apparently enough pirates wander in and out of Xenon sectors and get killed by my Xenon guards for my pirate rep to sink into the negative every day - and I was wondering why I couldn't max out my pirate rep after weeks of work! The Yakis only took me a few hours to max out)

I did a Google search and couldn't find a thread on this issue. Can anyone help me with this? :/

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 10. Apr 13, 19:25

Hi, I think the issue here is that while your friend/foe settings show Pirates as friendly, their intentions are often less honourable towards your ships and possessions. If your remote ships are set 'Enemy if Enemy to me = Yes' then they will consider the Pirates hostile and attack them. Changing that setting to No should avoid this. I think that applied in X3TC too unless you have discovered a subtle change in X3AP combat coding.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Simoom
x4

Post by Simoom » Thu, 11. Apr 13, 00:12

Alan Phipps wrote:Hi, I think the issue here is that while your friend/foe settings show Pirates as friendly, their intentions are often less honourable towards your ships and possessions. If your remote ships are set 'Enemy if Enemy to me = Yes' then they will consider the Pirates hostile and attack them. Changing that setting to No should avoid this. I think that applied in X3TC too unless you have discovered a subtle change in X3AP combat coding.
Hey Alan! Thanks for trying to help me with this issue.

Oh, I think I am a bit confused about the meaning of the setting "Set Enemy if Enemy to Me" - I thought that meant the ships will automatically match the player ship's FF settings - and since my personal ship always has pirates set to Friendly, I thought it didn't matter. I guess I misunderstood how that setting worked. :)

Thanks a bunch! Hopefully this will reduce my pirate rep losses. It's really annoying to have to keep doing missions to keep it in the positive everyday.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”