Whenever I try to cap something.. a few M2s/M1s/M7s suddenly jump in..

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Sam97531
x4

Whenever I try to cap something.. a few M2s/M1s/M7s suddenly jump in..

Post by Sam97531 » Wed, 10. Apr 13, 22:10

I can't remember how I dealt with this before.. it's been while since I've restarted playing.

Right now it is seems a bit .. difficult as I'll bring the shield down on a m7 or so, call in my Sirokos or whatever boarding pod craft, call on it to launch marines, but literally within 30 second my sirokos is being annihilated by an enemy destroyer/battleship that has just jumped in.

Sam W.

Sam97531
x4

Post by Sam97531 » Wed, 10. Apr 13, 22:11

In fact - this happens even if I am just entering sectors while piloting an M7+, an endless stream of enemy capital ships.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Wed, 10. Apr 13, 22:39

The thing its called RRF or Race Response Fleets, they are there to protect their ships from greedy hands such as yours. ;-)

In the XU forum (where this belongs) are quite a few topics about them, I suggest you check them out.

MFG

Ketraar

Sam97531
x4

Post by Sam97531 » Wed, 10. Apr 13, 22:44

Woops - wrong forum, please feel free to move.

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Thu, 11. Apr 13, 14:54

I believe that Rapid Responce fleets jump in only if there´s a hostile Capital ship (M7, M2, M1) in the sector. Basically, if you enter the sector with M8, M6, M5, M4, M3 or in a freighter, they won´t come. But Iam not sure if it´s right.

brucewarren
x3tc

Post by brucewarren » Thu, 11. Apr 13, 16:53

Interesting, if truen hat would encourage spacesuit ops over pods.

Of course the hardcore (suicidal?) capper boards the RRF ships themselves. Those beacons are worth a mint :pirat:

Hexakosioihexekontahexaph

Post by Hexakosioihexekontahexaph » Thu, 11. Apr 13, 17:00

On the subject of jump beacons, if you scan a RRF ship, would the jump beacon appear in the scan? I've scanned about twenty to no avail.

Also, about the capping, as soon as you hear "Inbound to target" or "Boarding crew en route" etc, jump the sirokos out straight away, to the nearest friendly sector at any gate as fast as you can, then leave it be, and keep lowering the shields of the target ship until the marines start fighting, then retreat to a nearby gate, but not too far away as then if the ship is taken over other enemies will start attacking it. You need to transfer a jumpdrive and some cells to it and get it out of there; take care of other enemy ships if you can. If not, try to get away or call in a TM vessel with a jumpdrive and another ship inside of it with a jumpdrive. Take the jumpdrive from the TM ship, and take the jumpdrive from the ship inside of the TM vessel to the TM itself, then you can both get away.

brucewarren
x3tc

Post by brucewarren » Thu, 11. Apr 13, 17:04

If its carrying a beacon it should appear in the scan. Of course beacons are rare and only one ship in to flotilla that jumps in needs to carry it.

Sam97531
x4

Post by Sam97531 » Thu, 11. Apr 13, 17:41

Yes it only happens in an M7 and bigger but thats the problem. How are you going to cap that M7 or bigger craft? multiple M6s or a TM? ugh lol

Sam97531
x4

Post by Sam97531 » Thu, 11. Apr 13, 17:41

Yes it only happens in an M7 and bigger but thats the problem. How are you going to cap that M7 or bigger craft? multiple M6s or a TM? ugh lol

brucewarren
x3tc

Post by brucewarren » Thu, 11. Apr 13, 18:38

Tps can hold 40 meatbags now so all you need is to keep those shields down right?

Since a ts can hold mkii fighter drones, and drones *can* be used against bigship shields, in theory you could do it with a tp and a ts. I have to say I have not tried this. All my fighter drones experience was when they were launched from a sirokos and I'm certainly no expert in the old spacewalking.

Unfortunately my main pc is not with me at the mo so I can't test this idea :(

Simoom
x4

Post by Simoom » Thu, 11. Apr 13, 18:42

Sam97531 wrote:Yes it only happens in an M7 and bigger but thats the problem. How are you going to cap that M7 or bigger craft? multiple M6s or a TM? ugh lol
Nope, Jump Beacons can appear in ANY Rapid Response ship (I've found a few on M8's).

The problem is they typically spawn with such high morale, it's near-impossible to make them bail. You could probably have boarded several capital ships by the time you get a Rapid Response M8 to bail (though players have reported it happening before, so it's not impossible)

Baratheon79
x3tc

Re: Whenever I try to cap something.. a few M2s/M1s/M7s suddenly jump in..

Post by Baratheon79 » Thu, 11. Apr 13, 20:05

Sam97531 wrote:I can't remember how I dealt with this before.. it's been while since I've restarted playing.

Right now it is seems a bit .. difficult as I'll bring the shield down on a m7 or so, call in my Sirokos or whatever boarding pod craft, call on it to launch marines, but literally within 30 second my sirokos is being annihilated by an enemy destroyer/battleship that has just jumped in.

Sam W.
...Well, a couple of possible solutions, depending on how much you care about your rep with the race in question.

1. Do as Hexakosioihexekontahexaph suggests and jump the Sirokos out before it gets attacked.

2. Destroy the RRF ships (this was my preferred option in my last AP game). On one occasion, my personal Hyperion got banged up pretty bad when I wasn't paying close enough attention while stealing a civilian TL. The eventual end result was Duke's Citadel (the scene of the crime) getting leveled - I was a bit annoyed by the repair bill for my ship. :D

Simoom
x4

Re: Whenever I try to cap something.. a few M2s/M1s/M7s suddenly jump in..

Post by Simoom » Thu, 11. Apr 13, 21:55

Baratheon79 wrote:
Sam97531 wrote:I can't remember how I dealt with this before.. it's been while since I've restarted playing.

Sam W.
...Well, a couple of possible solutions, depending on how much you care about your rep with the race in question.

1. Do as Hexakosioihexekontahexaph suggests and jump the Sirokos out before it gets attacked.

2. Destroy the RRF ships (this was my preferred option in my last AP game). On one occasion, my personal Hyperion got banged up pretty bad when I wasn't paying close enough attention while stealing a civilian TL. The eventual end result was Duke's Citadel (the scene of the crime) getting leveled - I was a bit annoyed by the repair bill for my ship. :D
If you want to minimize the rep losses or just want to avoid dealing with the RRF ships entirely, you can always:

A) Hunt for ships that wander outside of their own racial sectors. This happens a lot - check the pirate sectors especially.

B) If you completed the Xenon Hub plot, you can also use the gates to force the ships you want to board to traverse through the Hub. Boarding them inside the Hub won't provoke the wrath of RRF.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 12. Apr 13, 09:50

Simoom wrote:
Sam97531 wrote:Yes it only happens in an M7 and bigger but thats the problem. How are you going to cap that M7 or bigger craft? multiple M6s or a TM? ugh lol
Nope, Jump Beacons can appear in ANY Rapid Response ship (I've found a few on M8's).

The problem is they typically spawn with such high morale, it's near-impossible to make them bail. You could probably have boarded several capital ships by the time you get a Rapid Response M8 to bail (though players have reported it happening before, so it's not impossible)
Actually they cant, they were removed from spawning in M8's
but some M8's might still have them

Simoom
x4

Post by Simoom » Fri, 12. Apr 13, 11:55

Cycrow wrote:Actually they cant, they were removed from spawning in M8's
but some M8's might still have them
Really? I see. Must be a very very lucky Peregrine then. xD I am at 24-days game time.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”