Ups...How to make a station friendly again (NMMC Headquarters AP)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Klure
x3tc

Ups...How to make a station friendly again (NMMC Headquarters AP)

Post by Klure » Sat, 13. Apr 13, 09:27

Soo, i kind f***ed thing utp. Did a station defend mission and some of my missiels hit the NMMC HQ. Found someone (different sector) and said sorry, and went on my way. Started with the player HQ mission and is told to dock at NMMC HQ, wich is still red and refuses me to board. Run around in neighburing sectors to find more to apologise too, but no luck. Have not found any station hacks either.

So the question: Can i blow it upp and it will respawn as friendly or will it still be hostile?

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Sat, 13. Apr 13, 11:29

Do some missions in that sector, try not to damage anything that belongs to them. Same as with pirate rep.

shameless creature
x3ap

Post by shameless creature » Sat, 13. Apr 13, 11:30

You have to be careful with that, destroying a relevant station during an ongoing plot can potentially break this plot. This means that the plot is prevented from carrying on because a task or condition becomes unfulfillable, for example because the plot created a contact person aboard a station which won't be re-created when this station respawns after being destroyed. To prevent this issue, a plot-related station can become indestructible, which means that its hull strength cannot be lowered below 93%, no matter what you fire at it.

I don't know if either of these limitations apply to the particular plot you're playing, but it's something you need to consider. Maybe someone else has faced the same problem and can chime in.

Up until then, continue to try and find station hacks, though. If you have already completed the hub plot and if you're on friendly terms with the pirates, you can try to connect PTNI HQ and some pirate sectors with the hub to improve your odds.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 13. Apr 13, 19:32

You should be able to get a station hack in Void of Opportunity (in TC, it's the Unknown Sector East of PTNI HQ) or Scale Plate Green. Do missions in both of those sectors until a hack appears.

Simoom
x4

Post by Simoom » Sat, 13. Apr 13, 22:24

If your reputation with the race is in the positive, there's no need to do missions for them to get your reputation "back up" (it won't turn the station back to blue).

Repeatedly jump around neighboring sectors (you will find hackers offering services up to 3 or 4 jumps away from the hostile station) until one pops up.

Make sure you check all stations that are offering missions (have a colored symbol next to it), sometimes a hacker may be onboard and offering services (Lightbulb logo) but another mission offered at the same station may override the logo (so you only see a red crosshair or a money logo).

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Sun, 14. Apr 13, 02:31

In TC the Unknown Sector to the E of PTNI (nown known as 'Void of Opportunity', I understand) has 3 pirate bases initially. Do missions for them, especially station builds; this will increase the likelyhood of getting hack missions (from each station in the sector or from outside, as your pirate rep has increased)

In AP you /may/ have luck with the remote-ship trick, but I've never played it so I don't know (I'm just guessing from info from past posts here)

You /may/ also have good luck & find a nearby transport mission to PTNI HQ.. hopefully this'll turn the station blue again

Or.. you could reset your friend/foe settings again, local & global..
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Klure
x3tc

Post by Klure » Sun, 14. Apr 13, 15:41

Tjank you for your repliers. I have good relations with the Teladi, not so much with the pirates, I am trying to make this better by producing booz and weed for them.

Have allso tried to destroy the station, and it is locked at 93%. There is one NMMC ship that i can appologise to, and i have done so but nothing happands with the station.

No luck finding a hack so far.

Simoom
x4

Post by Simoom » Sun, 14. Apr 13, 15:43

Snafu_X3 wrote:In AP you /may/ have luck with the remote-ship trick, but I've never played it so I don't know (I'm just guessing from info from past posts here)
By "remote ship" I assume you mean jumping a ship in from OOS? :) This only works for hostile laser towers and ships (since it forces the game to perform a reputation check). Ships and laser towers have a much more flexible/dynamic FF status, which is an improvement over TC.

Unfortunately, if you fired on a station enough to turn it red, the game makes an exception to the rule and marks it permanently hostile until you hack it. (This is different from reputation-based hostility status - such as Pirate Anarchy Ports turning red if your pirate rep sinks into negative)
Snafu_X3 wrote:Or.. you could reset your friend/foe settings again, local & global..
If only the NMMC HQ is red, and nothing else around it is, then FF settings are likely fine (I am assuming that's the case with OP)

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Sun, 14. Apr 13, 16:55

Yup, you have it right, Simoom
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Klure
x3tc

Post by Klure » Sun, 14. Apr 13, 22:50

So I have sett upp a weed complex in PTNI to try to make the pirates like me. Do i my self need to ferry the goods to a pirate station or will they come to my plex and buy it from me and be happy?

Simoom
x4

Post by Simoom » Sun, 14. Apr 13, 23:51

Klure wrote:So I have sett upp a weed complex in PTNI to try to make the pirates like me. Do i my self need to ferry the goods to a pirate station or will they come to my plex and buy it from me and be happy?
I don't think regular pirate ships buy anything. Duke's freighters (who belong to the pirate faction) will, but they seem to be rare and far in between. Your best bet is to have your own traders set up to sale to them (a trained CAG or two will work fine). I personally don't find NPC trading ships very reliable as far as helping with my sales.

You can also do some missions from pirate-owned stations (just make the NPCs giving them out are actually pirates - sometimes you get normal racial NPCs there) - this boosts your reputation a lot faster.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 15. Apr 13, 00:01

Klure wrote:Do i my self need to ferry the goods to a pirate station or will they come to my plex and buy it from me
They (or agents for them) will come to your station. Just "trade with other races" and set the price to average minus one.

They will buy as much as you can make, within reason.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 16. Apr 13, 22:12

Klure wrote:So I have sett upp a weed complex in PTNI to try to make the pirates like me. Do i my self need to ferry the goods to a pirate station or will they come to my plex and buy it from me and be happy?
Trading with the pirates will do nothing for your problem with NMMC HQ. Missions are all randomly generated, and hack missions only occur when there is a 'red' station in the neighboring sectors. Your best bet to find a hack mission is, as suggested above, to keep looking. Jumping around the nearby sectors, including PTNI HQ, should eventually generate a hack mission. Your pirate rep has nothing to do with it.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Klure
x3tc

Post by Klure » Sun, 21. Apr 13, 10:09

Finaly :D
I got the hack mission, thank you for all the help. I started getting other missions from pirates around the same time, but dont know if that has anything to do with it. Nice boron lady? hoced me upp :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”