[TC] In-sector autopilot bugged for some ships

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Reido
x3tc

[TC] In-sector autopilot bugged for some ships

Post by Reido » Mon, 15. Apr 13, 23:09

Hello,

I'm posting this here as I'm not sure this is a vanilla game problem or not (modified my game before I noticed the issue).

I'm having a strange problem with the in-sector autopilot with some ships. I've noticed this with the Elephant and Ryu.

When I'm in-sector piloting another ship or the ships in question and issue the "Move to position" command they get up to speed but only go in a straight line and never turn. I've also tried the "Jump and fly to Pos" with the same results...puzzling.

I haven't noticed the issue with any other TL's I have (Mammoth, Orca, Atmo-Lifter) or any other class of ship.

Both before I played the game for the first time and again before I copied my game out of the Steam folder to reduce any issues with Plug-in Manager I had Steam verify the game files, TC v3.2C

I've read what seems like thousands of post here over the last few months and never heard anyone mention this so I'm thinking it might be a Mod or script conflict, but I'm pretty sure that none of the scripts or Mods I've added would change the way the autopilot would work, at least on specific ships.

Here's the list of the stuff I've added:

Complex Cleaner v4.09
Detector v1.08
Marine repairs v2.03a
M.A.R.S.
Missile Defense MK2
OOS Re balance v2
Organic Boron Hulls v1.0
S.E.W.N. v1.22
The Traveling Mechanic v0.2
Corporation Mission Fix
Workshop v2.0

I first noticed the problem long before I added most of the above but just learned to work around the problem.

I've also tried buying a new Elephant and Ryu and right from the shipyard they still won't do anything but go in a straight line while in-sector, the Ryu won't even move from the shipyard (I had to jump out to get it away from the shipyard first).

Has anyone else come across this issue before or have any insights as to how I could fix it?

It's not a huge issue, but it would be nice to be able to use one or both of these fast TL's IS for resupplying a fleet.

It could be a bad entry in one of the ship files or something, but I'm not a scripter and wouldn't know what to look for or where to begin looking.

Reido

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Re: [TC] In-sector autopilot bugged for some ships

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 15. Apr 13, 23:58

Reido wrote:When I'm in-sector piloting another ship ... and issue the "Move to position" command they get up to speed but only go in a straight line and never turn.
I have seen that behavior. It happens with any autopilot command, right? No matter what you tell the ship to do, it just goes in a straight line?

Unfortunately, I do not recall what caused it. So this reply doesn't mean much, other than you are not going crazy. ;)

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 16. Apr 13, 00:34

Wait... where did you get the ship that you are trying to command? Is it a ship that you boarded or stole?

If so, then try:

1) Give the ship a Stop (or Standby) command. Then try autopilot again. If that does not work, then...

2) Run Super Script Killer (SSK) (for captured/boarded ships) on the ship. That will cancel any scripts running on the ship (as well as clear any variables that might be affected by global tasks or Artificial Life Plugins).

TheCoolSideofthePillow

Post by TheCoolSideofthePillow » Tue, 16. Apr 13, 02:27

I am having a similar problem in Albion Prelude. Whenever I am IS in Albion Beta and tell a ship to do anything (even just sit still) they will just fly in circles indefinitely. The only way to get stuff to leave the sector or dock is to fly manually (my ship) or leave the sector (other ships).

I am almost certain it has something to do with the immense number of rocks and the highway tunnel things all over the system causing the auto-pilot to freak out thinking it's going to crash no matter where it turns.

Reido
x3tc

Re: [TC] In-sector autopilot bugged for some ships

Post by Reido » Tue, 16. Apr 13, 04:08

DrBullwinkle wrote:I have seen that behavior. It happens with any autopilot command, right? No matter what you tell the ship to do, it just goes in a straight line?
Thanks for the reply Doc.

Yes, I forgot about the other commands i.e. "Dock at", "Dock at my target" and so on. All have the same effect in that the ship just keeps going in a straight line.
DrBullwinkle wrote:Wait... where did you get the ship that you are trying to command? Is it a ship that you boarded or stole?

If so, then try:

1) Give the ship a Stop (or Standby) command. Then try autopilot again. If that does not work, then...

2) Run Super Script Killer (SSK) (for captured/boarded ships) on the ship. That will cancel any scripts running on the ship (as well as clear any variables that might be affected by global tasks or Artificial Life Plugins).
These were ships I bought from a regular shipyard, the Elephant was my first TL (seems like ages ago that I bought it, probably about 30 game days ago). And just for good measure I bought a new Elephant and a new Ryu and both have the same buggy autopilot, so I don't think is an errant script running in the background but I'll keep that in mind as it can't hurt to try it.

Reido

Reido
x3tc

Post by Reido » Tue, 16. Apr 13, 04:41

TheCoolSideofthePillow wrote:I am having a similar problem in Albion Prelude. Whenever I am IS in Albion Beta and tell a ship to do anything (even just sit still) they will just fly in circles indefinitely. The only way to get stuff to leave the sector or dock is to fly manually (my ship) or leave the sector (other ships).

I am almost certain it has something to do with the immense number of rocks and the highway tunnel things all over the system causing the auto-pilot to freak out thinking it's going to crash no matter where it turns.
While similar to my problem yours seems to be something else possibly. My bugged ships will stay still once given a "Stop" command and the "flying in a straight line" behavior can also happen in a completely empty sector i.e. with me on-board giving the autopilot commands, no stations, other ships or asteroids (so no collision detection issues).

I've put up with it for so long as I learned ages ago to have as few of my own ships in sector as possible due to the "Autopillock" :)

My reason for trying to find a solution for it now is that I'm about to start a war against the Terran's and the fast TL's such as the Elephant and Ryu would work well in Terran sectors for resupplying my fleet, but I'll find a workaround IS or just continue to use these ships OOS only and hope that I don't forget and call one in before all the hostiles are mopped up.

Reido

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”